THE LEFT'S WAR ON COMMON SENSE
A major crime wave is ravaging your neighborhood ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å not only frequent break-ins and burglaries, but armed robberies, assaults and even murders. What do you do?
Do you arm yourself and make sure your doors are locked at night and add a security system? Or ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ do you intentionally leave your doors unlocked and post a large, brightly lit sign saying, "Welcome criminals and psychopaths, there's a lot of money in here, the doors are unlocked and we are unarmed"?
In today's America, one of the two major political parties favors the latter option.
Case in point: High-profile Democrat Rahm Emanuel is currently mayor of Chicago, where more thanÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__4,000 peopleÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__were shot last year, 762 of them murdered. The former Obama White House chief of staff is proud that Chicago has some of the nation's most stringent gun-control laws, even though decades of research provesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__more gunsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__in the hands of law-abiding citizens reliably results inÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__less crime.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__Worse, the mayor defiantly boasts of his determination to keep Chicago a "sanctuary city" ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å meaning the city's police are prohibited from cooperating with federal law enforcement in getting criminal illegal aliens off the city's streets by deporting them. Indeed, the "sanctuary city" designation serves as a "Welcome" sign to violent criminal illegals, assuring them that Chicago, like hundreds of other sanctuary cities, is a "safe space" for them.
Unfortunately, it's not just with regard to immigration and gun control that the left piously champions policies that utterly defy common sense. It's the same in virtually every area of life.
This is the focus of the unusual and insightful July issue of WND's monthly Whistleblower magazine, titled "THE LEFT'S WAR ON COMMON SENSE."
Issue highlights include:
- "The left's war on common sense" by David Kupelian. From men in dresses to welcome signs for criminals, the meltdown continues
- "7 examples of mainstream leftism devoid of common sense" by David Limbaugh. Not attracted to transgenders? You're 'deeply transphobic.' Oh, and Trump labeling ISIS 'losers' will increase terrorism. Any questions?
- "Why no one shouts 'Jesus is great' when they kill" by Joseph Farah, on how many defenders of Islam "live in the realm of make-believe, denial and non-acceptance of reality"
- "If a Trump supporter had shot a Democratic congressman" by Dennis Prager, who explains, "Hysteria is to the left as oxygen is to biological life"
- "Female athletes crushed by 'women who were once men'" by Chelsea Schilling. An astonishing, in-depth look at how transgenders today dominate in weightlifting, track, wrestling, football, basketball, mixed martial arts and other women's sports
- "Trigger warning! Schools go ballistic over non-existent guns" by Bob Unruh. From pens to Pop-Tarts, 15 cases of administrators going nuts over harmless words or images
- "Sanctuary cities 'violate common sense'"
- "Magic words: Political correctness is 'an insidious frontal attack on common sense and freedom through language manipulation'" by David Kupelian
- "Of chimps, persons and human-ness" by Rita Dunaway, who explains why "TodayÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs judiciary often invents complex, counterintuitive answers to such fundamental questions asÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__who is a person?"
- "Is todayÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs far left 'possessed'?" by John Zmirak. "WeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇre not just dealing with bad ideas, but evil spirits."
"This fascinating issue of Whistleblower," says WND Managing Editor David Kupelian, "explores how what we cryptically call 'the left' is at war with all that America once most cherished ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å freedom, the Christian faith, morality, law and order, equality under the law, limited government and unlimited opportunity ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å and that the primary battle in that war is its ongoing frontal attack on common sense. For common sense is truly the gateway to the rest of our nation's virtues."