You can view the print version here.
THE REAL AMERICA: The world's most awesome engine of prosperity and freedom is waiting to take off once again
Get special discounts on quantity purchases of your favorite Whistleblower issues. For more information or to order at quantity discounts, please call WND Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-496-3266 (1-800-4WND-COM).
Americans are constantly bombarded with the latest dire news of the outrageously lawless Obama presidency ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å cascading scandals, manufactured crises, economic chaos, aid to America's enemies and betrayal of her allies, "high crimes" and rising calls for impeachment.
Perhaps even more alarming is the ascendency of millions of dumbed-down, degraded, dependent, "low-information" voters ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å not to mention untold millions of illegal aliens ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å who know nothing, and understand less, about what is really happening to America.
No doubt about it: Several generations of allowing the nation's schools and colleges, news and entertainment media, government and even many of its churches to become dominated by the "progressive" left has taken a heavy toll.
Nevertheless, all that accounts for only one America. There are two.
For if approximately half the country is dependent, deceived and seduced, what about the other half ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å the tens of millions of right-thinking Americans, the patriots, the soldiers and veterans, the entrepreneurs and inventors, the visionaries and risk-takers, and all the regular hard-working citizens who thank God for the blessing of living in the greatest country on earth?
The July 2014 issue of Whistleblower magazine focuses on the other America, the one almost never even acknowledged in the establishment press or popular culture, but the one totally responsible for the liberty and prosperity we all enjoy: "THE REAL AMERICA."
Ronald Reagan often described the real America by invoking the "city on a hill" metaphor. Derived originally from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden" (Matthew 5:14) ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å it came into the American lexicon when John Winthrop, a Puritan leader and original governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, likened the Puritan New England colony to a "city upon a hill."
In his farewell address to the nation, on Jan. 11, 1989, Reagan invoked the "city upon a hill" one last time:
I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.
Highlights of "THE REAL AMERICA" include:
- "A country on a hill" by David Kupelian
- "What is ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«American ExceptionalismÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊ anyway?" by Joseph Farah
- "Exceptionally good or exceptionally evil?" by Dinesh DÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊSouza, on how two competing and utterly opposite visions for America battle for ascendency
- "America's secret weapon" by Nick Adams, on what President Eisenhower called "our countryÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊs most powerful resource in peace and war"
- "A truly American future" by Art Robinson, in which the noted scientist points to the simple key to a "spectacularly wonderful" tomorrow
- "Breakout: America's great opportunity" by Newt Gingrich, in which the former speaker of the House of Representatives proclaims: "We are on the edge of an era of change the likes of which we have not seen"
- "This is the 'glue' that holds America together" by Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady, in which the war hero and Medal of Honor recipient explains the real secret to the nation's survival
- "America's golden door" by David Kupelian, a very personal reflection on the greatest nation on earth
- "The imperfect country that saved the world" by Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa, in which the former communist spy chief explains his love for America
- "The land of the self-made man" by Nick Adams, who asks: "Ever heard of the Swedish dream? The Canadian dream? The French dream? I didnÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊt think so"
- "Ronald Reagan's final warning" by Ronald Reagan, who said, "Eradication of the American memory" will lead to "erosion of the American spirit."
"America is still home to millions of real Americans ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å people that think, feel, believe, cherish and defend the values and faith of their nation's founders," said Whistleblower Editor David Kupelian. "Millions have put their lives on the line for the real America. Its entrepreneurs, its risk-takers, its patriots and its protectors are still very much alive. This special issue of Whistleblower brings the real America out of the shadows ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å and sets it on a hill, where it cannot be hidden."
For a 12-month subscription to Whistleblower, click here.
If you wish to order by phone, call our toll-free order line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).