October 2008 ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å THE YEAR THE MEDIA DIED: How the 2008 presidential election demolished the credibility of the 'mainstream' press
The mask is off. The pretense over.
After decades of pretending they're not biased leftward ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å even though everyone else knew it ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å America's "mainstream media" have finally, during 2008, dropped the faÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´åade of fairness and impartiality.
- The big media openly worship Barack Obama. MSNBC's Chris Matthews, upon listening to Obama speak, says almost mystically, "I felt this thrill going up my leg." Rolling Stone magazine rhapsodizes, "There is a sense of dignity, even majesty, about him ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__"
- For its October cover, The Atlantic magazine hires a photographer who intentionally photographs John McCain to look ugly and threatening. ("I left his eyes red and his skin looking bad," she later admits, adding, "maybe it was somewhat irresponsible for [the Atlantic] to hire me."
- The New York Times publishes Barack Obama's op-ed on Iraq policy but refuses to run McCain's op-ed. At the same time, all three networks' news anchors tag along with Obama like groupies on his overseas stump tour while McCain receives scant media coverage.
- The pregnancy of Sarah Palin's teen daughter was national news, as was the presence in the Alaska governor's mansion of a tanning bed (which Palin paid for herself). But Obama's being mentored and nurtured for years by terrorists (William Ayers), communists (Frank Marshall Davis) and America-hating racists (Rev. Jeremiah Wright), which helped shape him into the most left-wing, America-blaming, radically pro-abortion and tyrant-appeasing presidential candidate in U.S. history, is not news.
Yes, the media have long been biased to the left. But this year it's different. This year, the mask has come off and the real face of the mainstream media ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å or MSM as they're popularly called ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å has been revealed for all to see. And it ain't pretty.
Documenting this stunning transformation of the American news media ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å and pointing to amazingly positive changes now occurring in the evolution of the free press ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å is the October edition of Whistleblower, titled "THE YEAR THE MEDIA DIED."
"It doesn't matter how dangerous the reality of Obama is ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å a hardcore leftist whose intended tax-and-spend policies would, experts say, plunge American into a full-bore depression," said WND managing editor and bestselling author David Kupelian. "It doesn't matter how surreal and creepy his campaign gets ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å enlisting sheriffs and prosecutors to intimidate voters, exploiting children into singing 'Obama's gonna lead us' songs stunningly reminiscent of Chinese Maoist indoctrination. The mainstream press ignores it all, because, very simply, they just really want Obama to be president."
However, adds Kupelian, regardless of who wins the election, the "mainstream press" will never be the same.
"This is, as Sean Hannity has been saying for months, 'the year journalism died.' By pushing so unashamedly and openly for Obama, the Old Media are throwing away what little is left of their credibility. Maybe they sense the era when they could fool most Americans is coming to an end, and thus are going all-out to get Obama elected as their last desperate mission."
The good news, says Whistleblower, is that while the Old Media are rapidly waning (the New York Times Company is worth only half of what it was a year ago), the New Media ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å talk radio, Internet news, bloggers, cable news (well, some cable news) and more ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å are growing exponentially in readership and influence.
Highlights of "THE YEAR THE MEDIA DIED" include:
- "The sad state of the media" by Joseph Farah
- "Study: ABC, NBC, CBS strongly support Obama" by Bob Unruh, concluding that "mainstream" media covered has "bordered on giddy celebration of a political rock star"
- "Magazine photographer shoots McCain to look like monster," documenting how a self-described 'hard-core Democrat' boasted how she tricked Republican presidential candidate into participating in horror pic
- "Stunning proof of mainstream bias" by Chelsea Schilling, on how the weekly celebrity magazine Us smeared Sarah Palin while unabashedly praising Obama
- "Gingrich verbally incinerates MSNBC reporter"
- "CNN reporter falsely claims Palin posed in bikini with rifle" ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å just one in a string of sensational but untrue claims against the Alaska governor
- "McCain rumors big news, Edwards adultery no news" ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å a stunning contrast between media coverage of the two candidates' alleged "scandals"
- "Is the press evil?" by David Kupelian, who surveys the death throes of the Old Media ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å and the birth pangs of the New Media
- "The Old Gray Lady's mind-numbing bias" by David Limbaugh, shows how the New York Times "arrogance and unprofessionalism" have hit a new low
- New York Times worth half what it was last year
- "New York Times vs. Helms, part 529,876" by Ann Coulter, who excoriates the Times' journalistic spitting on the grave of a great statesman
- "He's one of them ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å she's one of us" by Patrick J. Buchanan, on what the media firestorm over Sarah Palin is really all about
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ and much more.
"I've often said that no group in America is more responsible for making evil look good and good look evil than the news media," said Kupelian. "This issue of Whistleblower documents something truly astounding ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å the death of the Old Media before our very eyes, and the rapid growth of the New. In my view, it's the single most positive trend in America today. Without a truly free press, it's really hard to have a free country."
For a 12-month subscription to Whistleblower, click here.