March 2006 ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å PREDATORS: What's really behind today's epidemic of teacher-student sex?
The seemingly endless stream of reports of female school teachers having sex with their underage male students ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å a storyline titillating to some but profoundly disturbing to most ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å is one of today's most sensational news stories.
In fact, a recent, federally funded study concludes the problem of school teachers molesting students dwarfs in magnitude the clergy sex-abuse scandal that rocked the Catholic Church.
Now, in a groundbreaking investigation, the newest edition of WND's elite monthly Whistleblower magazine ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å titled "PREDATORS: What's really behind today's epidemic of teacher-student sex?" ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å unveils what's really behind this troubling new phase in the "sexual revolution."
"This Whistleblower edition goes way beyond the sensationalism of these stories," says WND Managing Editor David Kupelian, author of "The Marketing of Evil." "Our report shines a thousand-watt spotlight on this sexual epidemic and reveals the real dynamics behind it. It's an amazing story full of mind-boggling information and insights."
When 43-year-old teacher Pamela Diehl-Moore tearfully pleaded guilty to having sex with a 13-year-old male student, New Jersey Superior Court Judge Bruce A. Gaeta sentenced her to probation, saying: "I really don't see the harm that was done here and certainly society doesn't need to be worried. I do not believe she is a sexual predator. It's just something between two people that clicked beyond the teacher-student relationship. ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ___ And don't forget, this was mutual consent "
Mary Kay Letourneau, after serving time in prison for "child rape," got a $200,000 advance on a book deal (titled "Only One Crime, Love"), had a TV movie made about her life, and received a reported $750,000 from a tabloid TV show for the video footage of her 2004 wedding to the schoolboy she had seduced years earlier.
According to a major 2004 study commissioned by the U.S. Department of Education ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å by far the most in-depth investigation to date ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å millions of children might be victims of sexual misconduct by teachers or other public school employees. In fact, says the study's author, Charol Shakeshaft, professor of educational administration at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., the figures suggest "the physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."
Selected highlights of "PREDATORS" include:
- "Right and wrong" by Joseph Farah
- "What's really behind today's epidemic of teacher-student sex?" by David Kupelian
- "The mainstreaming of 'adult-child sex'" by David Kupelian
- "Why Judaism rejected homosexuality" by Dennis Prager, the legendary, award-winning analysis of how the Jewish religion, and later Christianity, brought about the ultimate sexual revolution
- "Victims of the blackboard jungle" by Michelle Malkin
- "U.S. teacher sexpidemic spreading across planet" by Joe Kovacs, on how the long list of American rapists is being joined by female Australians
- "Teacher-student sex OK, says prof," profiling a UK study that says certain adult-child sexual relationships shouldn't be criminalized
- "Is a sex offender living near you?" ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å exposing how websites allow residents nationwide to track neighborhoods
- "Mandatory life, no parole for child molesters?" by Diana Lynne, on how one legislature has been debating closing the loophole of plea bargains for sexual predators
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ___ and much more.
"This is an incredible journalistic expose of a major, vastly under-reported and poorly understood scandal in our nation," said WND Editor and CEO Joseph Farah. "Read it ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å and you'll learn a great deal about what's really happening to our nation, to our families, to our children. And most important, you'll learn how to protect your loved ones from manipulators and predators who masquerade as friends, as ministers, as coaches ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ___ even as school teachers."
For a 12-month subscription to Whistleblower, click here.
If you wish to order by phone, call our toll-free order line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).