HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE
Get special discounts on quantity purchases of your favorite Whistleblower issues. For more information or to order at quantity discounts, please call WND Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-496-3266 (1-800-4WND-COM) or email email@example.com.
News reports that the federal Department of Homeland Security is stockpiling billions of rounds of ammunition have prompted many Americans to ask: Just who is the government preparing to go to war with?
To radio talker Mark Levin, the answer is that ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«our society is unravelingÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ and DHS is preparing for ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«the collapse of our financial system, the collapse of our society and the potential for widespread violence, looting, killing in the streets, because thatÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs what happens when an economy collapses.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin agrees, saying, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«WeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇre going to default eventually and thatÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs why the feds are stockpiling bullets in case of civil unrest.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
But all this, dire as it sounds, is just the tip of the iceberg. As WNDÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs acclaimed monthly Whistleblower magazine documents in its March issue, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ one major way Barack ObamaÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«fundamental transformation of AmericaÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ is manifesting in the changing face of law enforcement ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å local and state, but especially federal.
The signs are everywhere:
Drones are flying overhead ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å not in Yemen, but here in the U.S., above your house, perhaps photographing you. The FAA anticipates 10,000 domestic drones in the next few years, and at least one police chief has publicly announced he wants to arm his drones with tear gas and rubber bullets.
Meanwhile, the Transportation Security Administration, having traumatized countless air travelers with its signature nude X-ray imaging and invasive pat-downs of ailing grandmothers and crying 3-year-old handicapped children in wheelchairs, is now expanding from airports to bus terminals and subways.
Even local police forces increasingly resemble an occupying army, especially in the big cities ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å thanks in part to a federal program that supplies police departments with military equipment, everything from surveillance drones to machine-gun-equipped armored personnel carriers.
Although few Americans realize it, police have already gone door to door and confiscated citizensÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ legally owned firearms (in New Orleans after Katrina), and right now politicians in certain areas are trying to pass legislation to make gun confiscation official policy ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å but only in the event of an ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«emergency,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ of course.
Highlights of ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATEÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ include:
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Cops and robbers: The problems of policing America when the federal government is the biggest thiefÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by David Kupelian
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«ObamaÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs troubling track record on civil libertiesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by John W. Whitehead, who documents how, with each passing year, AmericansÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ basic freedoms have come under increasing attack under Obama
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Why is the government stockpiling guns and ammo?ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Joseph Farah, who revisits Obama's mysterious call for a ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«civilian national security forceÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Immigration cops: Feds are making us the 'enemy'ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Taylor Rose
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Tanks on Main StreetÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by John W. Whitehead, on the increasing militarization of local police throughout America
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Black helicopters? Army says don't worryÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Bob Unruh, on the militaryÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs explanation as to why Special Ops units are conducting ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«urban trainingÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ in U.S. cities
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Department of Homeland Security urged to patrol Chicago streetsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Sliding toward a police stateÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Steven Greenhut, on the consequences of making security more important than freedom since 9/11
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«TSA expands its invasive grief beyond airportsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Art Moore, on casualties of the federal governmentÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs security scheme, including one father of a crippled 3-year-old who says: ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«They treated her like a criminalÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«States pile on against federal detention planÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Alyssa Farah, on how the left and right have joined together in opposing the federal lawÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs "terrifying implications"
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Stop it here, stop it nowÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Bob Unruh, on Pulitzer-winning commentator Charles KrauthammerÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs prediction of ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«rifles aimed at the sky all across AmericaÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ in response to domestic surveillance drones
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Feds: 10,000 drones to fly the friendly skiesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Is there a drone in your backyard?ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Andrew Napolitano, in which ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«the judgeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ warns invasion of privacy is just the beginning
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Armed domestic drones?!ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«ItÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs official: Obama can bomb you if he thinks youÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇre a terroristÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Washington state residents say ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥No!ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ to police surveillance dronesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by David DiSalvo
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Police state ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å we're almost thereÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Jeff Knox, on how massive raids on a family-owned gun shop illustrate dangers of ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«standing armyÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ of federal cops
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Ready, print, fireÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å on how 3-D printing is foiling laws banning high-capacity magazines
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Gun-owner home searches 'Orwellian'ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Art Moore, on the provision of Washington stateÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs gun control law that would allow police to come into your home to check on your semiautomatic firearms
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«New Justice Department report concedes gun laws won't slow crimeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Hundreds of sheriffs tell Obama: WeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇre not confiscating gunsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Drew Zahn, on law enforcement officials who say, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«We are prepared to trade our livesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ to defend the Constitution
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«How Rodney King spawned Christopher DornerÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Jack Cashill, on what happens when the ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«mainstream pressÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ constantly pushes the narrative of ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«evil white racistsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ oppressing minorities
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Immigration ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥reformÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ will turn the U.S. into a police stateÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Rep. Ron Paul, who says: ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Imagine whatÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs left of the Fourth Amendment completely tossed into the trashcanÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥Big Brother is watchingÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ in ways you canÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇt even imagineÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Steve Elwart, on a new artificial intelligence surveillance system more outlandish than sci-fi scripts.
ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«ItÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs not quite accurate to say the Obama administration is trying to disarm Americans,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ said Whistleblower Editor David Kupelian. ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«The government is attempting to progressively disarm one segment of the population ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å law-abiding, private citizens ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å while simultaneously arming to the teeth millions of Americans who work for, and are beholden to, government at all levels. This is not exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they gave us the Second Amendment.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
Kupelian added: ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«This issue of Whistleblower documents comprehensively, and in a balanced but no-holds-barred way, just what kind of country Americans are facing in the coming years.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´