ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇLet the enemy prove to our soldiers the enormity of his causeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥and the justness of ours." ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å Frank Capra
Shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor, renowned film director Frank Capra began working on a series of films revealing to Americans the great enemy they faced in their battle against the Axis of Evil. It inspired the soldiers to give their lives for the sake of freedom in the face of insurmountable odds. When given his mission by General Marshall ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇExplain to our boys in the Army why we are fighting, and the principles for which we are fightingÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å« ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å Mr. Capra said, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇI thought of the Bible. ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«
In 1944 this critically acclaimed film series won the Best Documentary Series by New York film critics. In this digitally remastered platinum edition, you will experience the seven-part series that still inspires patriots today as it looks at:
- Prelude to War ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å The difference between democratic and fascist states;
- The Nazis Strike ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å HitlerÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´Ìàs rise to power and the Nazi conquest of Austria, Czechoslovakia and Poland;
- Divide and Conquer ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å How quickly a nation can fall, as it looks at the campaign in Benelux and the Fall of France;
- The Battle of Britain ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å The tremendous resolve and courage of the Britons in their victory against the Luftwaffe;
- The Battle of Russia ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å How war can make strangle bedfellows, as we see how Russia put the Nazis through the meat grinder;
- The Battle of China ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å The evil that men can do as it examines Japanese aggression against China, including the rape of Nanking;
- War Comes to America ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å How the pattern of Axis aggression turned the American people against isolationism.
About the Director
Frank Capra directed some of most popular and influential American films of the 1930s and 1940s, including "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." Capra was nominated for six Academy Awards and won three. His 1939 film, "It Happened One Night," was the first to win all five of the highest Academy Award honors ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å best actor, best actress, best director, best screenplay and best picture.
- Actors: Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Neville Chamberlain
- Director: Frank Capra
- Format: Black and White, NTSC, 1.33:1
- Region: Worldwide, Region-free
- Number of Discs: 4
- Run Time: 410 minutes
- Rated: Unrated
- Language: English
NOTE: Purchasing "Why We Fight Platinum Edition 4 DVD Set " from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND's acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.