September 2009 ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å POWER PLAY: 'Cap-and-trade': How Obama is using a phony crisis to advance global governance, cripple industry, tax everyone (especially the poor) and gain unprecedented power
Financial chaos, failing banks, skyrocketing unemployment, swine flu ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å crisis after crisis is being used by the Obama administration, critics claim, to facilitate an unprecedented federal power grab and socialist transformation of America.
So what could be worse than exploiting a serious crisis to rob citizens of their wealth and freedoms?
Answer: Exploiting a non-existent crisis ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å in fact, one specifically created as a pretext for absconding with more of Americans' wealth, sovereignty and fundamental liberties.
That's what the September edition of Whistleblower magazine ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å titled "POWER PLAY" ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å is all about.
This blockbuster report's long subtitle says it all: "'Cap-and-trade': How Obama is using a phony crisis to advance global governance, cripple industry, tax everyone (especially the poor) and gain unprecedented power."
Although the so-called "scientific consensus" on man-caused global warming has never existed, within the last year it has become embarrassingly obvious, with over 30,000 scientists openly declaring, in writing, that it is a fraud. More and more climatologists and other weather experts now say Al Gore's claims that the oceans will rise 20 feet (and ABC News' claim that they will rise 200 feet) are not only preposterously unscientific, but were concocted solely to panic Americans into adopting a socialist cap-and-trade "solution" put forth by the same people that created the "crisis."
What about the U.N.'s vaunted Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, widely cited as proof of an international scientific "consensus" on the imminent threat of man-caused global warming? "POWER PLAY" reveals it to be a fraud ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å a servile political organization masquerading as an august scientific body.
Incredibly, "POWER PLAY" documents how "cap-and-trade" amounts to an unprecedented tax increase, one that disproportionately burdens the poor. Just as outrageous, top global warming proponents now admit cap-and-trade's real purpose is implementing ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å in their own words ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å "global governance," while making every citizen's energy costs skyrocket, something Obama himself admitted during the 2008 presidential campaign.
As Whistleblower editor David Kupelian shows in his article, "Government by crisis," cap-and-trade is a perfect example of government by crisis, the hallmark of the Obama administration.
Issue highlights include:
- "'Cap and trade' your freedom" by Joseph Farah
- "Government by crisis" by David Kupelian, on understanding the central operating principle of the Obama presidency
- "Don't fall for 'cap-and-tax'" by Phyllis Schlafly, on Obama's betrayal of his no-new-taxes promise and this "blatant attempt by globalists to override the Constitution"
- "Gore boasts: 'Global governance' coming with carbon tax" by Bob Unruh, in which the global warming guru admits what is really behind "cap-and-trade"
- "2 out of 3 Americans oppose carbon taxes" by Bob Unruh ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å a survey revealing a huge majority of voters resist opening their wallets for cap-and-trade
- "Obama: Spike energy costs to make people go 'green'" by Drew Zahn, who documents Obama's campaign proposal that government create "price signals" to control Americans' behavior
- "Cap-and-tax: Government vs. America" by David Limbaugh, on why the Democrats' "egregiously obscene" climate bill would wreck the economy
- "How much cooling is enough?" by Walter Williams, in which the economist explains cap-and-trade as "a radical environmentalist's dream come true"
- "Global warming dissenters dash scientific 'consensus'" by Drew Zahn, about why the physicist fired by Gore added his name to a Senate list of 650 anti-alarmists
- "'Global warming' simply no longer happening" ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å temperatures are dropping, there are fewer hurricanes, Arctic ice is growing and polar bear populations are up
- "EPA's own research expert 'shut up' on climate change," by Chelsea Schilling, on the government analyst who was silenced after he critiqued his own agency's CO2 findings
- "Exposing the U.N.'s 'phony' climate-change experts" by Christopher Horner, on how the Nobel-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change foists bogus claims on the world
- "German scientists urge chancellor to 'reconsider' views" by Marc Morano, on the experts who say: "The belief of climate change, and that it is manmade, has become a pseudo-religion"
- "American Chemical Society scientists revolt" by Marc Morano, on the call for the ouster of "startled" editor who claimed climate change consensus is "growing"
- "Ron Paul to Congress: 31,000 scientists say you're wrong" by Bob Unruh, on the Texas lawmaker's challenge to colleagues to wake up to fact that there is no warming "consensus"
- "Mr. Obama, tear down this wall!" by Arthur Robinson, in which the Ph.D. scientist tells how to solve America's energy, environmental and economic problems
"The cap-and-trade legislation currently before Congress," says Kupelian, "will dramatically raise taxes in the middle of a depression, crush industry and undermine American sovereignty ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å all to cure a problem that doesn't exist, and which even if it did exist, couldn't begin to solve the problem, but would still devastate the nation. In short, it's a monstrosity."
He warns: "In terms of the 2010 election, cap-and-trade is a litmus test for Congress members' sanity: You can't be a sane, responsible, honest representative and support this legislation. It's crucial that Americans understand what this is really all about ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å an all-out assault on America ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´ÌàÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å and let their congressmen know before it's too late."
For a 12-month subscription to Whistleblower, click here.
NOTE: When shopping in WND's online store you have the option of paying with either a credit card or a check.
If you wish to order by phone, call our toll-free order line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).