Put the odds in your favor!
Train like a Tribute before you enter the Arena using this wilderness survival guide ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å you don't have to live in Panem to put these survival skills to use. Experience the adventure of life in District 12 by learning and practicing the survival skills used by Katniss, Peeta, Gale and their friends.
Some of the survival skills you'll learn:
- Building temporary shelters to protect from rain, cold, wind and sun.
- Finding and purifying water ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å even when there are no streams or lakes nearby.
- Building and using fire for cooking, signaling, warmth and making tools.
- Identifying and cooking wild edible plants.
- Building Gale's famous twitch-up snares.
- Peeta's camouflage techniques.
- Katniss' hunting and stalking skills.
- Making your own survival bow and arrows and other tools.
- The materials you need to create a forage bag like Katniss'.
- Survival first aid.
- Navigation tips and tricks for travel, rescue and evasion.
Detailed photos and step-by-step instructions will help you master each skill. The real-life skills found in "The Unofficial Hunger Games Wilderness Survival Guide" will help you in any wilderness or disaster survival situation. Start your training today.
ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇThis book certainly goes beyond surviving the Hunger games. I can't wait to get out and begin putting these new survival skills to use. I've never found another survival book with the amount of illustrations and photos that this one has. Many of these skills I have never even heard of before. This book will definitely be in my pack and bug out bag for future reference. Thanks Creek for passing on this wealth of information to us. I recommend this book to anyone who is SERIOUS about surviving in the wilderness.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å« ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å Justin
ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇI love the Hunger Games and anything related to the books, but I am not really an outdoorsman. That being said, I wanted to see what this author would have to say about Katniss' survival skills. Was she really as good as the book makes her out to be? The author explores all of the different scenarios from the book and gives illustrations of how a real person would survive in these situations. I actually learned a lot from the book and enjoyed reading it.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å« ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å HungerGamesGirl
About the Author
Creek Stewart is the lead instructor at and owner of Willow Haven Outdoor, a survival, preparedness and bushcraft school where he teaches Hunger Games-themed survival classes. His books include ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇThe Unofficial Hunger Games Wilderness Survival GuideÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å« and the bestseller ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇBuild the Perfect Bug Out Bag.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å« Stewart has been interviewed in national media outlets including Fox & Friends and Discovery.com.
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Living Ready; Mti edition (May 31, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1440328552
- ISBN-13: 978-1440328558
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces
NOTE: Purchasing ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«The Unofficial Hunger Games Wilderness Survival (Paperback)ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å« from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND's acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.