By Gregg Jackson and Steve Deace
For years, America's "Christian" and "conservative" leaders have gotten your donations and gotten their faces on TV, but what have they really gotten done?
Have these power brokers faithfully represented the values they wear on their sleeves, or sold them downriver for a spot at the table?
In "We Won't Get Fooled Again: Where the Christian Right Went Wrong and How to Make America Right Again," nationally syndicated radio host Steve Deace and bestselling author Gregg Jackson sit down some of the biggest names in faith and politics to find out ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å in their own words ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å what agendas these leaders are really advancing behind closed doors.
Ann Coulter, David Barton, Joseph Farah and Focus on the Family, among others ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å who's for real and who's a phony? And more importantly, how can Christians, conservatives and patriots across the country shuffle off the shepherds who have led them astray and affect real change in America?
Deace and Jackson claim, "For 30 years, Christians have rallied to the Republican Party in an effort to save the collective soul of America, only to have the Party leadership turn on them. ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ Now, on the brink of the most important election since 1980, are you ready for the truth?"
Exclusive interviews in the book include startling words from the following:
- Steve Baldwin, former director of the Council for National Policy
- David Barton of Wallbuilders
- Author and pundit Ann Coulter
- Bob Enyart of Colorado Right to Life
- Joseph Farah, editor and CEO of WND
- Michael Farris, founder of the Homeschool Legal Defense Association
- Gary Glenn of the American Family Association
- Joe Glover of the Family Policy Network
- Buddy Hanson of the Grace & Law Christian Policy Network
- Brannon Howse of Worldview Weekend
- Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth
- Richard Land, president of the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention
- John Lofton of The American View
- Tom Minnery, executive director of Focus on the Family's CitizenLink
- Judge Roy Moore
After three years of interviews and research, the authors of "We Won't Get Fooled Again" have come to believe the "Religious Right" may have done more to advance the left's agenda than the liberals could have ever done on their own.
What sets "We Won't Get Fooled Again" apart is that for the first time you'll read, in their own words, statements from recognized leaders within the movement who reveal this controversial conclusion is shared by many within the "Religious Right" itself. Not just an expose of a powerful movement that's gone astray, the book is a plea to the next generation to get on its knees and pray that we won't be fooled again.
"Unapologetically biblical in its approach to getting America back on the fast track to freedom and prosperity. If you want something lukewarm or platitudes in plain-flavored pabulum, this book is beyond you. If you have courage and convictions, this book is your new soul mate." ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å Mike Huckabee
"In 'We Won't Get Fooled Again', Steve and Gregg expose what I discovered long go, that there has been a conservative industry created. Consultants, pundits, media types and even some in the faith community use push-button issues to drive us to the polls to vote for certain candidates to protect their deal. Conservative voters have to ask the tough question: 'Are we moving the dial?' This is a must read for every conservative voter, and if you start reading it, you won't want to put it down."ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å J.C. Watts Jr., Former U.S. Congressman from Oklahoma
- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: JAJ Publishing; 1st edition (December 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0983723818
- ISBN-13: 978-0983723813
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.6 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
NOTE: Purchasing "We Won't Get Fooled Again (Paperback)" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND's acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.