TYRANNY OR STUPIDITY? The total irrationality of the new gun control movement
Get special discounts on quantity purchases of your favorite Whistleblower issues. For more information or to order at quantity discounts, please call WND Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-496-3266 (1-800-4WND-COM) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å itÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å Rahm Emanuel
Throughout his entire first term, America never heard a peep out of Barack Obama about gun control ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å except in 2008 when he said on national TV, "I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away."
But then in December 2012 came the horrendous mass-shooting in Connecticut and suddenly banning entire classes of firearms rarely used in crime ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å rifles ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å became the nationÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs most urgent priority.
Until Sandy Hook, the constitutional right to keep and bear arms was just about the only policy battlefield on which the left consistently lost. In fact, two recent Supreme Court decisions ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å 2008ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs District of Columbia v. Heller and 2010ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs McDonald v. Chicago ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å strongly reaffirmed individualsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ Second Amendment right to own firearms for their own protection.
But Obama, not wanting ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«a serious crisis to go to waste,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ wasted no time. Starting the very day of the Connecticut tragedy and continuing ever since, he has skillfully redirected AmericansÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ wrenching emotional pain into a massive, coordinated push for new gun-control measures ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å with or without Congress.
So now America is being dragged through yet another pretend crisis ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å a crisis of ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«assault weaponsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ (a pretend term deliberately designed to scare and deceive people about ordinary firearms), a crisis of too many guns ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«on the streetsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ (no one knows quite what that means), a crisis of "high-powered, semi-automatic rifles" (but wait, gun-controllers used to always insist handguns were the problem), a crisis of needing to establish more ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«gun-free zonesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ (which are pretend, and serve only to attract would-be mass murderers).
The fact that virtually all serious research conducted over the last 40 years proves ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«more gunsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ always equals ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«less crime,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ and that gun-control laws have been proven time and time again not to reduce crime, is of absolutely no consequence. The crisis is all that matters ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å and the "opportunity to do things" that couldn't have been done before.
The eye-opening reality of all this is dramatically revealed in the February issue of WNDÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs monthly Whistleblower magazine, titled ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«TYRANNY OR STUPIDITY?: The total irrationality of the new gun control movement.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
Highlights of ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«TYRANNY OR STUPIDITY?ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ include:
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«The new gun controllersÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by David Kupelian, on why the left is obsessed with eliminating AmericansÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ most fundamental right
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Time for 'hammer control'?ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ Yes, the FBI says more murders are committed with hammers and similar ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«blunt objectsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ than guns
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Ex-NYC mayor: Ban all gunsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å yes, Ed Koch really did say, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«I don't believe that in our society we should have gunsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«How to stop the slaughter of innocentsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Joseph Farah, providing unforgettable examples of what happens when bad people with guns encounter good people with guns
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Everyday heroesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å all but ignored by the media, here are dozens of true stories of armed citizens stopping predators, murderers and psychopaths
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Do gun control laws control guns?ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Thomas Sowell, in which the venerated economist ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å who once taught handgun shooting in the Marines ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å says, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Anyone who faces three home invaders might find 30 bullets barely adequateÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«No such thing as ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥assault weaponsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Jeff Knox, who shows how one top gun-controller admits to purposely confusing people into mistaking semi-autos for machineguns
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Obama's bogus claim that ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥40% of gun purchases' evade background checkÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å itÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs not even close
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Reducing violent crime in the U.S.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Chuck Norris, in which the worldÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs toughest person shows that rather than pass dangerous and stupid new gun laws, there are real strategies that can keep Americans safer ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å and freer
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«No maÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇamÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´: U.S. Marine Joshua BostonÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein about whoÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs the boss and whoÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs the servant in America
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«New Jersey mayor offers $1,000 reward for help getting guns ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥off the streetsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«2 cautionary tales of gun controlÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Joyce Lee Malcolm, who documents how, after a school massacre, the U.K. banned handguns in 1998. A decade later, handgun crime had doubled
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Dire warning from EuropeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Derek Bernard, who provides an in-depth look at how UK gun-control efforts have totally backfired
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Why people hate and fear gunsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by David Kupelian, an eye-opening and slightly scary look inside the minds of those who loathe firearms
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Women in India turn to guns after brutal gang-rapeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Homeland Security hoarding ammo, depriving policeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Aaron Klein, on how police today are scrambling for ammunition while the federal Department of Homeland Security is stockpiling massive quantities ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å mostly hollow-point. So, what kinds of problems are they anticipating in the homeland?
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«We'll 'pry gunsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ from your ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥cold, dead hands'ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Drew Zahn, profiling one of those peaceful, gun-hating leftist columnists who proposes killing NRA members and dragging Republicans behind pickups until they embrace non-violence
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Blacks should embrace the NRA's proposalÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Star Parker, who observes: ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«What is the essence of freedom? Property and a gunÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Teachers on reading, writing & packing heatÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Jack Minor, on states leading the charge to enable educators to carry concealed weapons to school
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«A 'vaccine' that prevents gun violence?ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Lee Hieb, M.D., in which the orthopedic surgeon and medical pundit reveals how concealed-carry laws boost a populationÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«herd immunityÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ to crime
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«The real problemÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Walter Williams, who spotlights the underlying cause of AmericaÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs coarsening and ever-more-violent culture: ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«For a half-century, liberals and progressives have waged war on traditions, customs and moral valuesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
- ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«America's coming gun warÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by Patrick J. Buchanan, who notes, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Today, we are a far more heavily armed people than half a century ago,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ and describes the battle shaping up.
ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«How bizarre and surreal,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ says Whistleblower Editor David Kupelian, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«that this latest gun ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥crisisÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ is the creation of the administration behind the most outrageous gunrunning scandal in modern history, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌ¥Fast and Furious,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇ which provided murderous Mexican drug lords and crime kingpins with thousands of the same types of firearms Obama now wants to deny to responsible, law-abiding Americans.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«This issue of Whistleblower,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ he adds, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«like nothing else IÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇve seen, gets right to the heart of the matter and reveals precisely what is happening to America right now. Even more important, it shows how Americans can and must preserve, protect and defend their Second Amendment rights ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å the key to all other rights.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
If you wish to order by phone, call our toll-free order line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).