Produced from powerful thunderstorms, tornadoes can cause fatalities and devastate a neighborhood in seconds. Spiraling winds may reach 300 miles per hour leaving a trail of damage for miles in every direction. Every state is at some risk from this hazard. The chances of surviving a tornado are higher than most people think. With a kit ready, you will be more prepared.
This kit is packed securely in a red duffle bag with wheels, and items are packed in resealable, waterproof storage bags. Contains the following:
Food and Water:
The food and water in this kit will comfortably provide you with adequate nutrition for 24 hours without access to additional supplies. These products have a 5-year shelf life.
- 6 - 4 oz. Water Pouches
- 1 - 400-Calorie Food Bar, Cherry Flavor
- 10 Water Purification Tablets (Each tablet purifies 1 liter of water.)
- 24-oz. Water Purification Bottle
Light and Communications:
In the event of a power outage you'll have independent access to your own means of lighting and communication with the outside world.
- Dynamo LED Lantern with Radio
- 3 LED Rechargeable Squeeze Flashlight
- 30-Hour Emergency Candle
- 12-Hour Green Emergency Glow Stick
- 5-in-1 Survival Whistle
- Box of Waterproof Matches
- 36" x 24" Bright Orange Help Flag
Shelter and Warmth:
These supplies will provide protection from outside weather forces. They will protect you from wind, sun, rain and many other conditions you may encounter.
- 2 Emergency Survival Sleeping Bags
- 2 Emergency Ponchos with Hood
- 2 16-to-20-Hour Body Warmers
These items are designed to be useful in disaster situations. They will be valuable resources when you find yourself faced with navigation, transport, personal protection or shelter troubles.
- Multifunction Tool
- Compact Multifunction Shovel
- 16-Function Knife
- Leather Palm Work Gloves
- 2 N95 Respirator Dust Mask - NIOSH approved
- 50 Feet of Paracord
- Safety Goggles
- Quakehold Putty
- 5' x 7' Tarp
- 10 yds. of Duct Tape
- 3-Function Hatchet (hatchet, pry bar, hammer)
- Pack of nails
Hygiene and Sanitation:
When in a disaster situation it is useful to have access to hygiene products. Staying clean can protect against infection, disease and depression.
- 24-Piece Deluxe Hygiene Kit
- Tooth Brush
- Tooth Paste
- 9 Wet Naps
- Dental Floss Pick
- Hand/Body Lotion
- Deodorant Gel
- Twin-Blade Razor
- 5'' Black Comb
- 4 Maxi-Pads/Bandages
- Shave Cream
- 3 Pocket Tissue Packs
These first aid items can assist with minor injuries and protect against serious health concerns in disaster circumstances.
- 37-Piece Portable First Aid Kit
These items are useful for stress relief and activity in strenuous or challenging circumstances.
- Notepad with Golf Pencil
- Deck of Playing Cards for Entertainment
- Infectious Waste Bag
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Dimensions: 24" x 12" x 12"
NOTE: Purchasing "Tornado Disaster Kit" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WNDÌÎÌ__ÌÎå«Ì´Ìàs acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.