By Candice E. Jackson
Bill Clinton told us all about his life. In a memoir that spanned over 950 pages, the former president discussed his five and a half decades in exhaustive detail. But while he made a point to mention the names of his minister's three children and to recount conversations his mother had with coffee shop patrons, curiously little is said about the many women whose lives he upended and changed forever.
Now it's time for their stories to be told. In a ground-breaking examination of the accounts of seven women, libertarian commentator Candice E. Jackson examines how the former president and his inner circle wielded their vast power to discredit and destroy the former objects of his desire. Instead of passing moral judgment on Clinton's philandering, Jackson relies on extensive research and firsthand interviews to document the intimidation and harassment that Clinton unleashed on these individuals. The shocking new revelations contained in "Their Lives" include:
- A private investigator's confession that Clinton's supporters assembled an attack team to smear a grief-stricken widow.
- The personal hell a former Miss America underwent after her affair with Clinton and why she'll never know what the president's attack machine did to her.
- Clinton's legal counsel secured a high-paying Pentagon job for Linda Tripp as quid pro quo for her silence in a scandal years before the Lewinsky affair.
- A White House connection to a scandal involving tainted prisoner blood and the threats leveled against a female reporter investigating it.
- The story of how one woman assaulted by Clinton personally encouraged another, Juanita Broaddrick, to go public with her story.
The pattern of threats, bribes and coercion that this book uncovers reveals not only a cold-blooded willingness on the part of Clinton, his wife and their inner circle to maintain power at any cost, but it also exposes the undeniable connection between Clinton's misogynist tendencies and his liberal agenda. "Their Lives" is a wake-up call to women everywhere to re-evaluate this ruthless man and to come together to prevent Hillary Clinton, a willing partner in her husband's attacks, from returning to the White House.
"Candice E. Jackson's rendition of my story is the most accurate portrayal of my experience with Bill Clinton that has yet been published. I appreciate her painstaking attempt to express the true nightmare Bill and Hillary put me through."
- Kathleen Willey
"Candice E. Jackson presents a complete chronological account of the events surrounding Bill Clinton's violent assault on me. People need to remember this side of Clinton before writing him up as a hero for women."
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: World Ahead Publishing, Inc. (May 31, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0974670138
- ISBN-13: 978-0974670133
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 6.2 x 1.1 inches