By Tom Bethell
Covers subjects spanning evolution, stem cell research, abortion, HIV/AIDS, global warming and cloning to help you tune up your baloney detector to expose the liberal, antireligious propaganda we're being fed.
Science is neutral, right? Of course itÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊs reliable, based on fact, unprejudiced and trustworthy, isnÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊt it? Well, guess again. A lot of what passes for science these days is pseudoscience, and a lot of scientific fact is hidden from public view because itÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊs not politically correct.
Science has been politicized ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å not by the right, but by the left, which sees global warming, Darwinism, stem cell research and innumerable other issues as tools to advance its agenda (and in many cases expand the reach of government).
When liberals trot out scientists with white coats, debate is supposed to be silenced. But many of the high priests of science have something to hide ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å from blind intolerance of religion to jealous guarding of their federally financed research budgets.
Luckily, science journalist Tom Bethell is here with the necessary and bracing antidote: "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science."
HereÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊs a handy one-volume guide to some of the most contentious issues of our day, including:
- Why fears of nuclear power arenÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊt science, but unscientific scaremongering
- Why species are increasing, not disappearing
- Why global warming and other temperature changes are not caused by humans (remember the Ice Age?)
- Why embryonic stem cell research is snake oil medicine (which is why it needs government subsidies)
- Why Darwinism is crumbling
- Why the story line of the brave scientist Galileo versus an ignorant Church is wrong
- And much, much more
"The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science" busts myths, reveals hidden agendas and lets you in on some of the little-known secrets about whatÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊs really going on in science. If youÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«ÌÎÌÊre tired of being hoodwinked by liberals who use science to justify all sorts of misbehavior, you need "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science."
- Paperback: 270 pages
- Publisher: Regnery Publishing, Inc. (November 14, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 089526031X
- ISBN-13: 978-0895260314