"The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose." (Isaiah 35:1)
This gorgeous 14K gold dipped sterling silver round lace pendant,is highlighted by the Rose of Bethlehem. Delicate and feminine, the flower blooms with just a few drops of water, celebrating the power of life and God's continuous blessings. The 0.8" diameter master-crafted pendant suspends from an 18" gold-filled chain with a spring ring clasp. The Rose of Bethlehem is found in the Judean desert, not far from the town of Christ's birth. Wear it, and show your faith every day with this elegant pendant!
- GUARANTEED replacement if the flower fails to bloom!
- Complementary gift box FREE with your jewel!
- Includes inspiring story of the Rose of Bethlehem
- Simple care instructions
- Great conversation piece
- Witnesses your faith
- Perfect heirloom to hand down to future generations
- One-of-a-kind gift a friend or loved one will cherish for years to come
"Re-blooming"? Yes, Re-Blooming!
To open the Rose of Bethlehem, drip a few drops of water on the flower or dip the pendant in water for a second or two. Wait patiently as the flower "blooms." It takes about 5-10 minutes for the flower to reach its full bloom, and about 1-1.5 hours for it to fully close, depending on temperature, humidity and prior opening sessions. Amazingly, this re-blooming process can be repeated for years, and following the easy care instructions will ensure that you will carry the Rose of Bethlehem close to your heart for many years. Please follow carefully the care instructions listed below.
The Rose of Bethlehem
The Rose of Bethlehem shares legends with the Rose of Jericho (known as the "Resurrection Plant"), as both plants grow in the Judean desert and have an endless re-blooming ability. Throughout history, these flowers have been associated with miracles due to their ability to return to life and bloom over and over again. The meaning of the miraculous flowers may be different for different people, but there is no doubt it inspires many.
According to Christian legend, Mary and Joseph fled from King Herod's massacre through the Judean desert with the infant Jesus. When Mary dismounted the donkey on which she was riding, a flower sprang up at her feet to greet the Savior whom she carried in her arms. The flowers subsequently grew at all the places where the Holy Family rested during their flight to Egypt.
All through Christ's life on earth the little rose continued to flourish, but when He died upon the Cross all the flowers withered and died at the same time. But three days later, when Jesus rose again from the tomb, at the same time the flowers came to life, and blossomed as a sign of the joy of the earth because Christ was risen.
A unique conversation piece it is popular with individuals desiring to express their faith, or have a connection to the Holy Land, or because of its guarantee to bloom again and again become a family heirloom that can be passed down to future generations.
The meaning of the Rose of Bethlehem may be different for different people, but there is no doubt it will make a unique addition to any personal jewelry collection.
If for some reason the Rose of Bethlehem stops blooming, please contact our customer service and we will replace your pendant.
Instructions for Care
- Do not over-wet the flower when "reblooming" it, and allow it to fully close before opening it again.
- Store at normal rather than extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Avoid touching the petals and do not allow anything to place pressure on them.
- Remove the pendant before bathing, showering or swimming.
- Use extreme caution when cleaning the pendant so as not to damage the flower, and do not expose it to detergent or chemicals.
- Do not press hard when polishing filled or plated jewelry as this may damage the surface. Instead use a jewelry polishing cloth or sunshine to restore luster. If you have chosen a leather piece, remember leather is not intended to get wet, as water makes it discolor and age before its time.
- Remember your new treasure is made with a real flower, so treat it with tenderness.