A sterling silver heart shines in this beautiful Rose of Bethlehem necklace for her. The pendant sways from a 16-inch chain secured with a lobster clasp.
What Is the Rose of Bethlehem?
The Rose of Bethlehem is a real, natural flower that grows in the Judean Desert of Israel, not far from the city of Bethlehem. And now, for the first time, a line of handmade designer jewelry is available that combines style and elegance with this unique flower, all made in the Holy Land. After being carefully handpicked and respectfully cleansed, the flower is set like a jewel in your choice of a beautiful, handcrafted pendant and prepared for its journey to you. With the right care, your Rose of Bethlehem can bloom over and over again for years.
For centuries, this miraculous flower has remained a mystery, its existence known only to a select few.
Each Rose of Bethlehem flower is unique and resilient by nature, and observing a few simple care instructions will allow you to enjoy its amazing re-blooming ability for many years to come.
"Re-blooming"? Yes, Re-Blooming!
To open the Rose of Bethlehem, drip a few drops of water on the flower or dip the pendant in water for a second or two. Wait patiently as the flower "blooms." It takes about 5-10 minutes for the flower to reach its full bloom, and about 1-1.5 hours for it to fully close, depending on temperature, humidity and prior opening sessions.
Amazingly, this re-blooming process can be repeated for years, and following the easy care instructions will guarantee that you will carry the Rose of Bethlehem close to your heart for many years. Please follow carefully the care instructions listed below.
As a Gift
The Rose of Bethlehem is the perfect gift for any occasion. Direct from the heart of the Holy Land, near the city where Jesus was born, it combines elegance with faith and thoughtfulness with a one-of-a-kind keepsake your recipient will cherish for years to come.
Each jewel comes in an elegant gift box with the inspiring story of the Rose of Bethlehem and care instructions.
The Rose of Bethlehem
The Rose of Bethlehem shares legends with the Rose of Jericho (known as the "Resurrection Plant"), as both plants grow in the Judean desert and have an endless re-blooming ability. Throughout history, these flowers have been associated with miracles due to their ability to return to life and bloom over and over again. The meaning of the miraculous flowers may be different for different people, but there is no doubt it inspires many.
According to Christian legend, Mary and Joseph fled from King Herod's massacre through the Judean desert with the infant Jesus. When Mary dismounted the donkey on which she was riding, a flower sprang up at her feet to greet the Savior whom she carried in her arms. The flowers subsequently grew at all the places where the Holy Family rested during their flight to Egypt.
All through Christ's life on earth the little rose continued to flourish, but when He died upon the Cross all the flowers withered and died at the same time. But three days later, when Jesus rose again from the tomb, at the same time the flowers came to life, and blossomed as a sign of the joy of the earth because Christ was risen.
A unique conversation piece it is popular with individuals desiring to express their faith, or have a connection to the Holy Land, or because of its guarantee to bloom again and again become a family heirloom that can be passed down to future generations.
The meaning of the Rose of Bethlehem may be different for different people, but there is no doubt it will make a unique addition to any personal jewelry collection.
If for some reason the Rose of Bethlehem stops blooming, please contact our customer service and we will replace your pendant.
Instructions for Care
- Do not over-wet the flower when "blooming" it, and allow it to fully close before opening it again.
- Store at normal rather than extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Avoid touching the petals and do not allow anything to place pressure on them.
- Remove the pendant before bathing, showering or swimming.
- Use extreme caution when cleaning the pendant so as not to damage the flower, and do not expose it to detergent or chemicals.
- Do not press hard when polishing filled or plated jewelry as this may damage the surface. Instead use a jewelry polishing cloth or sunshine to restore luster. If you have chosen a leather piece, remember leather is not intended to get wet, as water makes it discolor and age before its time.
- Remember your new treasure is made with a real flower, so treat it with tenderness.
- 1'' x 1" sterling silver heart pendant
- Rose of Bethlehem flower, guaranteed to bloom over and over again
- 16'' sterling silver chain
- Free gift box with the unique story of the Rose of Bethlehem