By Jim Gilchrist and Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D.
Foreword by Congressman Tom Tancredo
Also available in digital format here.
"On 9/11 Jim Gilchrist watched in agony as thousands of Americans were slaughtered... If immigration laws had simply been enforced, the lives lost that day might have been spared. America was at war abroad because her borders had been made irrelevant at home. On 9/11 it became clear that Jim Gilchrist's nation needed him, and he answered the call -- just as he had in Vietnam..."
- from "Minutemen: The Battle to Secure America's Borders"
Called vigilantes by President Bush - but cheered on by millions of Americans concerned over decades of uncontrolled illegal immigration - the all-volunteer Minuteman Project was founded in 2004 by decorated Marine veteran Jim Gilchrist. Armed with only binoculars and cell phones, Gilchrist and his fellow patriots proved that America's porous borders could be successfully guarded, and in the process set off a national debate on an issue the federal government had long ignored.
"Minutemen: The Battle to Secure America's Borders" is a first-hand account from the frontlines, and what it says will shock you. Jim Gilchrist teams up with Jerome Corsi, the co-author of "Unfit for Command" - the book that derailed John Kerry's presidential campaign - to describe in vivid detail how the nation's southern border has disintegrated into a Wild West of human trafficking, drug smuggling and violent gangs.
But the threat posed by out-of-control illegal immigration extends beyond the border states to the whole republic, warn Gilchrist and Corsi. Readers of this disturbing and timely book will learn how:
- Mexico encourages the mass immigration of millions of impoverished peasants, and why the Mexican government will stop at nothing to keep the border open
- The Catholic Church uses its power and influence to subvert immigration laws, and why Church leaders are speaking out in favor of amnesty
- American taxpayers are forced to pay the staggering economic and cultural price tag of illegal immigration, and why our government wants to keep the true costs hidden from the public.
With anti-American protestors taking to the streets to demand citizenship for all illegals, and with the president of the United States himself endorsing open borders, it has never been more critical for American citizens to understand the massive social, economic and security problems caused by illegal immigration. "Minutemen: The Battle to Secure America's Borders" describes those problems with a refreshing combination of facts and straight talk.
Like their Revolutionary War predecessors who defended America against a hostile foreign power, today's Minutemen have risen up to answer their nation's call against another invasion. "Minutemen" is their story, as well as an urgent call to arms to all of their countrymen.
- Hardcover: 375 pages
- Publisher: World Ahead Publishing; 1st edition (July 25, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0977898415
- ISBN-13: 978-0977898411
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 6.1 x 1.5 inches