By Jon Dougherty
Jon Dougherty presents a focused examination of the problems posed by illegal immigration from the unique perspective of those who deal with the U.S.-Mexico border every day.
In years past, immigration into the United States was treated as a privilege, not a right to be granted automatically just by being able to make it to America's shoreline or borders. Today, however, the entire process of immigration has been drastically politicized by both major parties in Washington, D.C.; one party sees votes ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åå the other, cheap labor.
This is investigative journalist Jon DoughertyÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs probing look into how this indiscriminate immigration is tearing at the fabric of our culture and society. Interviewing Border Patrol agents, local residents, citizen-enforcement groups and even the immigrants themselves, Dougherty examines the implicit dangers of our reckless attitude toward admittance. He shows that all American citizens, native-born and otherwise, are consequently threatened by welfare fraud, drug lords, and terrorism. This is the untold and unnerving true story about the social and political turmoil on the U.S.-Mexico border.
Here are some true stories you probably havenÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇt heard:
- U.S. citizens living near the Mexican border are continuously terrorized by home invasions and robberiesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎÌÕÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«perpetratedÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ by illegal immigrants. ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´åå
- U.S. law-enforcement officers are frequently attacked or murdered by Mexican drug-lord bounty hunters and illegal alien criminals, and Mexico has encouraged its population of criminals to move north. ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´åå
- Because uninsured illegals who cannot be denied medical treatment in the U.S, health-care and insurance costs are skyrocketing for U.S. citizens. ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´åå
- Currently the population of illegal immigrants in the United States is over eight million, rising by 500,000 each year.
Dougherty bluntly states that since illegal immigrants are in fact illegal, then they ultimately have no respect for the values of our country, police officers, and citizens. This concise and well-written book sidesteps political-correctness and reveals the truth about a dire situation that we all need to recognize.
- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson; First Edition edition (February 12, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0785262369
- ISBN-13: 978-0785262367
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.1 x 1 inches