Easy access to clean and safe drinking water anywhere! Filters at least 1,000 liters of water and removes up to 99.9% percent of waterborne bacteria
- Drink directly from streams, or from a wide-mouth water bottle
- Removes a minimum of 99.9999% of waterborne bacteriaÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasitesÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__
- Reduces water turbidity, filters particles of approximately 0.2 microns.
- Filters up to 264 gallons (1000 liters) of contaminated water per manufacturer.
- Contains no chemicals. Does NOT contain iodinated resin (iodine): safe for thyroid gland. BPA-free.
- Will not allow water to flow when it reaches capacity.
How To Use your Emergency Water Filter
Filtering your drinking water could not be simpler. You can drink directly from puddles or streams, or you may find it easier to scoop water with your wide-mouthed water bottle and drink from it using the device.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__
When new, the filter membrane is very dry and must be primed before use. Uncap the top and bottom caps and insert the base of the straw into the contaminated water, being careful to keep the mouthpiece dry. Let it sit for 30 seconds to allow water to creep up the membrane, then take 5 quick sucks to get the water flowing. It takes roughly 3-5 seconds of sucking to start the flow of water through the filter when the membrane is dry.
When finished drinking, blow a breath of air back down into the device to purge the remaining water out, shake, and recap. If you drink from murky water and the water flow stops, blow back into it to purge the water and mud from the filter. When you return home from a hiking trip, drink some tap water with the filter, purge the filter by blowing back into it, and leave it to dry with the caps off.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__
The water filter will not desalinate salt water, remove dissolved chemicals or minerals, nor remove viruses. If drinking from water which may have viruses in it (e.g. contaminated by human sewage), pre-treat with water treatment tablets. See the included instruction manual for more information.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__
- No after-tasteÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__
- No waiting time
- 5-year shelf life
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 1 x 1 inches ; 2.1 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Filters at least 1,000 liters of water
- Removes up to:
- 99.99999 percent of waterborne bacteria
- 99.9 percent of waterborne protozoan cysts
- Reduces turbidity by filtering particles of approximately 0.2 microns
- Contains no chemicals
Do not useÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__if visible damage is noted. Do not attempt to replace damaged or missing parts.
CAUTION: This product must not be used by children without the supervision of an adult. Cannot guarantee the quality of the water filtered through its portable filtration system under conditions other than those described in the Use and Care Manual. See Use and Care Manual before use.
WND shall be liable neither for any damages arising out of or as a result of the use of the emergency water filterÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__for any purpose other than for which it is clearly intended, nor for any malfunction resulting from the failure of the user of the emergency water filterÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__to strictly abide by the (usage and safety) information contained on the original package. Stated microbiological and longevity performance of the emergency water filterÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__is conducted under standard laboratory test conditions. The effectiveness of the emergency water filterÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__may be limited by environmental or hygienic conditions that could contribute to the recontamination of water after it has passed though the productÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs internal filter. These conditions include but are not limited to:
- Use with dirty and bacteria-contaminated hands
- Placement in a mouth contaminated with bacteria
- Use in a dense coliform environment
- Failure to maintain a sterile mouthpieceÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__
- Exposure to extreme heat or freezing temperatures
Read the usage and safety instructions carefully before using. The emergency water filter is aÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__personal water filtration tool and should be used only for filtering water. The quality of the filtered water is not guaranteed if the product is submitted to conditions other than the ones encountered during its normal use. To prevent breakage, do not drop or hit against a hard object. Do not drop the product in polluted water as this might contaminate the membrane. Always keep the mouthpiece cap closed when product is not in use. Stop using if cracks are noted on the main body. Your use implies that you accept and agree to these terms and conditions and this disclaimer.