By James C. Dobson
The ultimate guide to raising our daughters right ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å from parenting authority and trusted family counselor Dr. James Dobson.
Peer pressure. Eating disorders. Decisions about love, romance and sex. Academic demands. Life goals and how to achieve them. These are just some of the challenges that girls face today ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å and the age at which they encounter them is getting younger and younger. As a parent, how are you guiding your daughter on her journey to womanhood? Are you equipping her to make wise choices? Whether sheÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs still playing with dolls or in the midst of the often-turbulent teen years, is she truly secure in her identity as your valued and loved daughter?
YouÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇve got daughters? Then youÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇve got questions.
Parents, teachers and others involved in shaping the character of girls have a lot on their minds:
- Are girls really fundamentally different from boys? If so, should they be treated differently?
- Whoever said that girls are ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«sugar and spice and everything niceÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ never met my teenager. What can I do?
- My adolescent daughter seems to be on an emotional roller coaster. One minute sheÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs giddy with excitement; the next sheÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs moody and withdrawn. Is this normal?
- As a mom, I so badly want to be ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«best friendsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ with my daughter. Why isnÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇt it working out the way I dreamed?
- How does a dadÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs role in his daughterÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs life influence her character and decisions ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å including her eventual choice of a husband?
- How can grandparents contribute to raising a healthy granddaughter?
- WhatÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs the best way to educate girls?
- How are girls affected when their parents divorce?
- What should we be doing to shape the next generation of women?
In "Bringing Up Girls," his companion book to the bestselling "Bringing Up Boys," AmericaÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs foremost authority on parenting tackles these and many other questions, offering wisdom and encouragement based on a firm foundation of biblical principles. Also based on the latest research and handled with DobsonÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇs trademark down-to-earth approach, "Bringing Up Girls" will help you face the challenges of raising your daughters to become strong, healthy and confident women who excel in life.
Dr. James Dobson is the founder and president of Family Talk, a nonprofit organization that produces his radio program, ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ He is the author of more than 30 books. dedicated to the preservation of the family, including ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«The New Dare to DisciplineÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´; ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Love for a LifetimeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´; ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Life on the EdgeÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´; ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Love Must Be ToughÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´; ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«The New Strong-Willed ChildÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´; ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«When God DoesnÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´åÇt Make SenseÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´; ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Bringing Up BoysÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´; ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Marriage Under FireÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´; ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Bringing Up GirlsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´; and ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Head Over Heels.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Tyndale Momentum (September 1, 2014)
NOTE: Purchasing "Bringing Up Girls: Shaping the Next Generation of Women (Paperback) "from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive a FREE 3-month trial subscription to our immensely popular monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.