By William J. Federer
The faith that gave birth to tolerance is no longer tolerated!
How did America go from Pilgrims seeking freedom to express their Judeo-Christian beliefs to today's discrimination against those very beliefs in the name of tolerance? "Backfired" chronicles the history of this disturbing development now rampant in our country.
Do these headlines sound familiar?
- Ten Commandments taken down
- "Under God" removed from the Pledge
- Prayer prohibited
- Nativity scenes banned
- Salvation Army defunded
- Boy Scouts sued
- Christmas carols stopped
- Bible called "hate speech"
Discover how tolerance evolved
- From Pilgrims to Puritans
- From Protestants to Catholics
- From Liberal Christians to Jews
- From Monotheists to Polytheists
- From All Religions to Atheists
- To only Politically Correct
"From its beginning, the new continent seemed destined to be the home of religious tolerance. Those who claimed the right of individual choice for themselves finally had to grant it to others." - Calvin Coolidge, May 3, 1925
"The frustrating thing is that those who are attacking religion claim they are doing it in the name of tolerance. Question: Isn't the real truth that they are intolerant of religion?" - Ronald Reagan, August 23, 1984