This well-known illustrated timeline of earth history was first published in 1871. A vintage reproduction of that acclaimed timeline, Adams Chart of History is an amazing 27.5 inches tall, and the foldout chart features detailed, full-color drawings of various stages of history, from Adam and Eve to the late 19th century. There is handwritten commentary throughout.
Perfect for educational settings or Sunday School walls, it includes the explanatory booklet that was originally published with the chart. The chart follows James Ussher's timeline from "The Annals of the World," the inspiration for Adams' monumental work.
What are "The Annals of the World"? From 1650-1654 James Ussher set out to write a history of the world from creation to A.D. 70. The result was published in 1658 as the literary classic "The Annals of the World." This famous comprehensive history of the world, originally published in Latin, offers a look at history rarely seen. Ussher traveled throughout Europe, gathering much information from the actual historical documents. Using the Bible as his timeline, Ussher began with the death of Nebuchadnezzar as a reliable date and worked backward through the genealogies of the Old Testament to arrive at the date of creation ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å 4004 B.C.
The chronology of Adams Chart of History is based on this same well-researched timeline. It includes:
- 5,882 years of historic time represented in this map.
- 3,607 years of Bible history.
- Rulers, their years in power, dates of accession and when they were succeeded, the rise, fall and division of nations and much more.
- Intricate symbols, such as the 10 red crosses on the purple Roman empire, which represent the ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«ten persecutionsÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ of the Christians.
- Hundreds of beautiful illustrations with explanations throughout the chart ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎå«Ì´å there truly is no other chart quite like this.
These are just a few of the stunning attributes of the 21 fold-out panels that make up "Adams Chart of History."
ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´ÌàCasebound: 4-color, 21 panels
ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´ÌàPublisher: Master Books (August 31, 2007)
NOTE: Purchasing "Adams Chart of History" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND's acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.