by Larry K. Cole
Two 75mm rounds hit next to the track. Then something struck me in the side that burned. Because of the heat, I had decided not to wear my flack vest. I looked down at my left side and realized I was bleeding. ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«Well Colonel,ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´ I thought. ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_Ì´å«You did it! You sat here until Charlie gotÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__me.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ_ÌÎå´
In A Ride in the Sun, Larry Cole follows the everyday life of a United States Army National guard officer during the Vietnam war.
In his riveting true story, Cole shares:
- Clear descriptions of the equipment, living conditions, combat action, and military lifestyle in the mid-1960s
- Vivid accounts, thoughts, and feelings of a soldier in combat
- Insights into how the American advisers and South Vietnamese soldiers lived
Discover a new the sacrifice of men who laid down their lives for their country.ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ__
Lieutenant Colonel Larry K. Cole entered active service from the Texas National Guard in 1963 with subsequent assignments in Germany, Fort Polk, Vietnam, Fort Knox, Fort Hood, Korea, the Pentagon, and Fort Stewart. He retired after thirty years total service.
- Paperback: 362 pages
- Publisher: World Ahead Press (May 18, 2017)
- Language: English
- Dimension: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
- ISBN-13: 9781944212749