Disinformation (Hardcover) & Disinformation (DVD) BUNDLE
By Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa and Prof. Ronald J. Rychlak
Click here to just purchase Disinformation: Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategies for Undermining Freedom, Attacking Religion and Promoting Terrorism (Hardcover).
Click here to just purchase companion film documentary, Disinformation: The Secret Strategy To Destroy The West (DVD).
Click here to just purchase Disinformation: The Secret Strategies To Destroy The West (ebook).
"This remarkable book will change the way you look at intelligence, foreign affairs, the press, and much else besides." – R. James Woolsey, former director of U.S. Central Intelligence Agency
The highest-ranking Soviet bloc intelligence official ever to defect to the West, Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa is at it again. A quarter century ago, in his international bestseller “Red Horizons,” Pacepa exposed the massive crimes and corruption of his former boss, Romanian President Nicolae Ceauşescu, giving the dictator a nervous breakdown and inspiring him to send assassination squads to the U.S. to find his former spy chief and kill him. They failed. On Christmas Day 1989, Ceauşescu was executed by his own people at the end of a trial wherein accusations came almost word for word out of “Red Horizons.”
Today, still living undercover in the United States, the man credited by the CIA as the only person in the Western world who single-handedly demolished an entire enemy espionage service – the one he himself managed – takes aim at an even bigger target: the exotic, widely misunderstood but still astonishingly influential realm of the Russian-born “science” of disinformation.
Indeed, within these pages, Pacepa, along with his co-author, historian and law professor Ronald Rychlak, exposes some of the most consequential yet largely unknown disinformation campaigns of our lifetime.
Here the reader will discover answers to many crucial questions of the modern era: Why, during the last two generations, has so much of the Western world turned against its founding faith, Christianity? Why have radical Islam, jihad and terrorism burst aflame after a long period of apparent quiescence? Why is naked Marxism increasingly manifesting in America and its NATO allies? What really happened to Russia after the Berlin Wall came down? Like the solution to a giant jigsaw puzzle lacking one crucial piece, “Disinformation” authoritatively provides the missing dimension that makes the chaos of the modern world finally understandable.
By its very nature, a disinformation campaign can work only if the seemingly independent Western press accepts intentionally fabricated lies and presents them to the public as truth. Thus, Pacepa and Rychlak also document how the U.S. “mainstream media’s” enduring sympathy for all things liberal-left has made it vulnerable to – indeed, the prime carrier of – civilization-transforming campaigns of lying, defamation and historical revisionism that turn reality on its head.
In “Disinformation,” you’ll discover:
- How destroying the reputation of good leaders has been developed into a high art and science.
- How Pope Pius XII – a generation ago the world’s most high-profile Christian leader, who personally saved countless Jews from Hitler’s Holocaust – was transformed, through the magic of disinformation, into a Nazi sympathizer.
- How Christianity and Judaism have been targeted for constant denigration and defamation through an ongoing campaign of disinformation.
- How the Soviet bloc planted 4,000 agents of influence in the Islamic world, armed with hundreds of thousands of copies of the most infamous anti-Semitic book in history, to fan the flames of ancient Arab resentments against the U.S. and Israel and sow the seeds of anti-Semitism that would later bloom in the form of violence and terror toward Jews and Christians.
- How the defamatory attacks on American soldiers John Kerry made before Congress upon his return from Vietnam – charges later discredited and repudiated – were identical to a contemporaneous KGB disinformation campaign concocted to turn Americans against their own leaders.
- How supposedly respectable institutions like the World Council of Churches have long been infiltrated and controlled by Russian intelligence.
- How much of the world came to believe that the U.S. government itself masterminded the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- How the Soviet Union has been transformed into the first intelligence dictatorship in history.
- How disinformation is still very much alive in the age of Obama, remaining a powerful engine in the ongoing socialist transformation of America.
All this and much more is meticulously documented in “Disinformation,” with the credibility of an eyewitness who was not only there, but actively involved as a Soviet bloc spy chief – who, thanks to a crisis of conscience, “left the dark side” and came to America to help shine a light on the greatest source of political evil of the modern age.
About the Authors:
LT. GEN. ION MIHAI PACEPA, the highest-ranking intelligence official ever to defect from the Soviet bloc, served as acting chief of communist Romania’s espionage service and top adviser to President Nicolae Ceauşescu. In December 1989, the dictator Ceauşescu was executed at the end of a trial wherein the accusations came almost entirely from Pacepa’s first book, "Red Horizons," subsequently republished in 27 countries. Today, with assassination threats still hanging over his head because of his defection and continuing fight against socialist dictatorship, Pacepa lives in the U.S. under a protective identity. Still vigorous in his 80s, he remains an astute and uniquely insightful writer on current affairs.
RONALD J. RYCHLAK is the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association professor at the University of Mississippi School of Law where he teaches constitutional law, criminal procedure, and terrorism and the law. A graduate of Wabash College and Vanderbilt University School of Law, Rychlak practiced law with Jenner & Block in Chicago and served as clerk to the Hon. Harry W. Wellford of the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. Appointed by the Mississippi Supreme Court to a committee to revise that state’s criminal code, he also served on the Mississippi advisory committee to the U.S. Civil Rights Commission. He is the author of several books, including "Hitler, the War and the Pope."
- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: WND Books (June 25, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1936488604
- ISBN-13: 978-1936488605
WND Films and Emmy-winning filmmaker Stan Moore present a riveting new feature-length film documentary, “Disinformation: The Secret Strategy to Destroy the West.” It’s the amazing true story of a top Soviet bloc spy chief who, at great risk, left the “dark side” to shine a light on the greatest source of political evil in today’s world. Living in the U.S. under a protected identity due to assassination threats, Gen. Ion MihaiPacepareveals the secret strategies that, to this day, are undermining and destroying Western civilization. The documentary includes rare interviews, dramatic footage and high-level insider information.
Besides dramatically profiling the life and revelations of Lt. Gen. Ion MihaiPacepa, the two-disc DVD illustrates major communist disinformation campaigns that still serve to fan the flames of Islamic jihad, turn Americans against their own country and demonize Christianity. The documentary features new interviews with many experts, including co-author Ronald Rychlak, former CIA chief James Woolsey, author David Horowitz, Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin, U.S. Congressman Frank Wolf, historian Michael Ledeen, journalist Arnaud de Borchgrave, defense analyst Frank Gaffney, Nina Khrushcheva, great-granddaughter of Nikita Khrushchev, deputy undersecretary of defense Jed Babbin, assistant secretary of defense Richard Perle, Vladimir Tismaneanu, director, Center for the University of Maryland’s Study of Post-Communist Societies, Michael Maloof, former security policy analyst for the U.S. Defense Department, Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, terrorism expert and director of American Center for Democracy, David Kupelian, author and managing editor of WND, Gary Krupp, founder and president of Pave the Way Foundation, Yuri Yarim-Agaev, physicist and Soviet dissident, Wayne Barnes, former FBI agent, Roger L. Simon, novelist and screenwriter, DarnelleMason, missionary to Romania, Palm Beach Rabbi Leonid Feldman and Romanian-born NASA aerospace scientist ConstantinRauta.
The film documentary dramatically depicts how disinformation – the evil “science” of deception that so disastrously shaped our world during the last generation – is still very much alive in the current generation under Barack Obama. Prepare yourself for a truly eye-opening experience.
- Ronald J. Rychlak, professor, University of Mississippi School of Law
- James Woolsey, former director, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency
- Vladimir Tismaneanu, director, Center for the Study of Post-Communist Societies, University of Maryland
- Michael Maloof, former security policy analyst, U.S. Department of Defense
- Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, terrorism expert and director of American Center for Democracy
- David Horowitz, David Horowitz Freedom Center founder and publisher of FrontPage Magazine
- David Kupelian, vice president and managing editor, WND
- Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin, United States Army, retired
- Gary Krupp, founder and president of Pave the Way Foundation
- Yuri Yarim-Agaev, physicist and Soviet dissident
- Frank Wolf (R-Va.), U.S. congressman
- Michael Ledeen, historian, holder of Freedom Scholar chair at Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Wayne Barnes, former agent, FBI
- Roger L. Simon, novelist and Academy-Award-nominated screenwriter
- Arnaud de Borchgrave, journalist, author and specialist in international politics
- Frank Gaffney, defense analyst and founder and president of the Center for Security Policy
- Nina Khrushcheva, associate professor, New School, N.Y., and great-granddaughter of Nikita Khrushchev
- Darnelle Mason, missionary to Romania
- Constantin Rauta, Romanian-born NASA aerospace scientist
- Rabbi Feldman, Palm Beach
- Jed Babbin, deputy undersecretary of defense, George H.W. Bush administration
- Richard Perle, resident fellow, American Enterprise Institute
“Disinformation will change the way you look at intelligence, foreign affairs, the press, and much else besides.” – R. James Woolsey, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency
“A powerful DVD companion to the book that will bring light into the darkness.” – Joseph Farah, WND.com
- 2-DVD set
- Run time: Approximately 120 minutes
NOTE: Purchasing "Disinformation: Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategy for Undermining Freedom, Attacking Religion and Promoting Terrorism (Hardcover) or Disinformation: The Secret Strategy To Destroy The West (DVD)" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND's acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.