Whistleblower Single Issue - February 2014
THE REAL ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE: How twin drug epidemics – one illegal, the other legal – are turning America into a nation of addicts
Get special discounts on quantity purchases of your favorite Whistleblower issues. For more information or to order at quantity discounts, please call WND Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-496-3266 (1-800-4WND-COM) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
America is going to pot – that much everyone already knows. Since Colorado and Washington legalized marijuana, a raft of other states are clamoring to be next, stock prices for cannabis companies are soaring, ad agencies are gearing up to promote the multi-billion-dollar industry, and entertainment celebrities – from Lady Gaga (“I smoke a lot of pot when I write music") to Morgan Freeman ("I’ll never give up the ganja") – are in high gear.
But all the current pot news barely scratches the surface of the truly incredible and largely unreported story of America as a nation addicted to drugs – a story dramatically told in February’s issue of Whistleblower magazine.
In “THE REAL ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE,” Whistleblower takes the reader on a jaw-dropping, mind-bending guided tour through America’s twin drug cultures – one illegal, the other legal – as a result of which well over 100 million people are now dependent on powerful, toxic, mood-altering substances just to get through life. And fully 40 million of them admit to driving on the public roadways under the influence of those substances!
So extreme has Americans’ drug dependence become, it’s hard to tell which is more devastating – the drug culture of gangs and cartels, criminal pushers and strung-out addicts, or the wildly out-of-control psychiatric drug bureaucracy, which labels almost every problem large or small as a “mental illness” or “personality disorder” and in response writes patients hundreds of millions of prescriptions for unpredictable and poorly understood mind-altering drugs that profoundly alter our brain chemistry. (In one recent year, a staggering 250 million prescriptions for antidepressants were written for Americans!)
In “THE REAL ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE” you’ll read about the millions of fellow Americans taking “sleep aids” like Ambien, which warns users they may find themselves driving their car while still asleep (called “sleep-driving”) – also “sleep-walking” as well as “making and eating food,” “talking on the phone” and “having sex” while asleep. In fact, one recent headline proclaimed: “America's Number One Prescription Sleep Aid Could Trigger 'Zombies,' Murder and Other Disturbing Behavior.”
You’ll also read about the tens of millions of users of antidepressants (including 1 in 4 middle-aged American women), who are informed by the mandatory FDA “black box” warning label that they may feel like killing themselves (that is, experience “suicidal thinking and behavior, known as suicidality”).
And you’ll read about the millions of high school kids (1 in 5 boys) diagnosed with ADHD – a “disease” that didn’t exist a generation ago – and “treated” with dangerous psycho-stimulant drugs, despite risks of addiction, heart damage and death.
Whistleblower Editor David Kupelian sums up this astonishing state of affairs this way: “While America in the Age of Obama spins spectacularly out of control – as her culture, morals, laws, institutions, government, economy and overall wellbeing continue to disintegrate before our eyes, and as the forces of evil worldwide wax stronger and more menacing in the shadow of America’s ever-growing feebleness – our solution is: Get high!”
Highlights of “THE REAL ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE” include:
- “The real zombie apocalypse” by David Kupelian, on how twin drug epidemics – one illegal, the other legal – are turning America into a nation of addicts
- “Dude: Science contradicts Obama's pot claims” by Art Moore, on America’s “Choom Gang” president who calls marijuana less dangerous than alcohol
- “Soros bankrolls pot legalization” – that’s right, the sugar-daddy behind all things progressive-left is the key money man for the legal-marijuana movement
- “Marijuana: Another gift of the left to our youth” by Dennis Prager, who asks of those who say pot is safer than cigarettes: “Would you rather your airplane pilot smoke pot or tobacco while flying?”
- “DRUGS: Does America really need more?” by Joseph Farah, on two approaches to the failed “war on drugs”
- “How Obama is taking over psychiatry” by Lee Hieb, M.D., who warns that America is heading down same path as the former Soviet Union
- “It’s legal, but it’s not legal. Any questions?” Revealing the bizarre tangled web legalization laws have created
- “Progressives now want ‘psychedelic medicine’” by Cliff Kincaid, on Obama supporters who back a push for new acceptance of LSD and Ecstasy
- “More states eager to legalize pot” by Art Moore, on a raft of other states lining up behind Colorado and Washington to be the next to become pot-users’ nirvana
- “The secret curse of celebrity” by David Kupelian, revealing why wealth, fame, talent and beauty so often cause people to self-destruct on drugs
- “Is America going to pot?” by Patrick J. Buchanan, who shows how “undeniably, the cultural revolution is gaining converts and picking up speed.”
“It turns out,” says Kupelian, “whether we’re caught up in the huge illegal drug world or the equally huge legal drug world – either way, tens of millions of us are taking basically the same drugs to deal with basically the same problems, and we’re headed for basically the same dead end.”
He adds, “Though psychiatry is supposed to be helping us, it has lost its way and become the most drug-dependent of all.”
If you wish to order by phone, call our toll-free order line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).