When Hell Was in Session (Hardcover)
By Admiral Jeremiah Denton with Ed Brandt
"We are honored to have had the opportunity to serve our country under difficult circumstances. We are profoundly grateful to our commander in chief and to our nation for this day. God bless America."
- Jeremiah Denton, upon stepping off the airplane that returned him to America after eight years in a brutal North Vietnamese prison
In "When Hell Was in Session," Jeremiah Denton, the senior American officer to serve as a Vietnam POW, tells the amazing story of his nearly eight years of abuse, neglect and torture. Though his captors broke his body, they never broke the man. In 1966 he appeared on a television interview from prison and blinked the word "torture" in Morse Code, confirming for the world that atrocities were taking place in the Hanoi Hilton. And while in prison, he acted as the senior officer and looked after the morale of his troops, at great risk to himself.
This historic book takes readers behind the closed doors of the Vietnamese prison to see how Denton and his men fought back against all odds and against all kinds of evil.
After his release in 1973, Denton was promoted to rear admiral and in 1980 was elected to the United States Senate where he worked with President Reagan to fight communism in Latin America.
This new and updated edition of this classic book takes readers beyond Denton's years in prison and details his shock to learn, upon his return, of the moral decline in America and his efforts to restore traditional values to American society. It also provides new insights into Denton's years in the United States Senate where he was a key leader in helping promote the Reagan Revolution.
New details in the book include:
- Denton's stunning showdown with communist leaders in Nicaragua where he warned them that this was not Vietnam and President Reagan was not President Johnson;
- His Oval Office meeting with President Reagan where he proposed a comprehensive strategy for confronting communism in Nicaragua, a plan that Reagan accepted and implemented;
- His stark warning of what awaits America if it does not return to its moral foundation.
"When Hell Was in Session" serves as a vital reminder that America remains free because of the courage, commitment and conviction of brave heroes like Admiral Jeremiah Denton.
Watch Denton's 1966 television interview and remarks at his 1973 homecoming:
- Hardcover: 282 Pages
- Publisher: WND Books
- Publication Date: November 11, 2009
- ISBN: 9781935071150
NOTE: Purchasing "When Hell Was in Session" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND's acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.