The Politically Incorrect Guide to the South and Why It Will Rise Again (Paperback)
By Clint Johnson
The latest installment in the New York Times bestselling Politically Incorrect Guide series expands on the pro-South slant of the hugely successful "Politically Incorrect Guide to American History." Author Clint Johnson shows why the South, with its emphasis on traditional values, family, faith, military service, good manners, small government and independent-minded people, should certainly rise again.
He explains what the PC Police don’t want you to know – and what they got plain wrong – about the South.
From the Founding Fathers to the frontiersmen who tamed the West to the country music, NASCAR, Bible-thumping heart of “Red State” America, the South is the quintessence of what’s original, unique and most loved about American culture. The South is just plain more livable than the North – which is one reason why millions of Yankees, white and black, have been moving down South in droves.
"The Politically Incorrect Guide to the South" gives you the facts behind scores of revelations like these:
- How Southerners led the way in drafting the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights
- How the Northern victory led to today’s all-powerful federal government
- Why race relations in today’s South are much better than in the North – or anywhere else in America
- Why the South is naturally conservative (and the North is naturally liberal)
- How American jazz, blues and rock and roll all came from the South
- Why Southerners are overrepresented in the military – and no, it’s not poverty
- The best American literature? Southern, of course.
“The South is all about memory, heritage, and pride of place,” writes Clint Johnson. “I refuse to go along with the expunging of that memory, heritage, and pride, and I hope the readers of this book, Northern and Southern, will rise up and join me in protesting those who are trying to do it.”
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Regnery Publishing, Inc. (January 17, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1596985003
- ISBN-13: 978-1596985001
Ratings & Reviews
One stop to all the inconvenient facts.
by Steve Q
Will make the cultural Marxist head explode. This is not your race-class-gender polemic revisionism. The facts surrounding this conflict so completely undermine the fairy tale we get in school it's astonishing. This volume distills them into a compact readable digest with recommended additional reading at every turn. It puts the "crusade to end slavery" argument into its grave. The constitutional basis for secession is established. And the ignored/glossed over war crimes are brought to light. Read, verify, contemplate and if fair minded admit, we've been hoodwinked.