The Death of the West (Hardcover)
By Patrick J. Buchanan
The West is dying. Collapsing birth rates in Europe and the U.S., coupled with population explosions in Asia, Africa and Latin America, are set to cause cataclysmic shifts in world power, as unchecked immigration swamps and polarizes every Western society and nation. Drawing on U.N. population projections, recent U.S. census figures and expert policy studies, prominent conservative Pat Buchanan takes a cold, hard look at the decay of Europe and America and the decline of Western culture.
What "The Death of the West" foretells is astonishing: /b>
- Not a single European country has a birth rate that will enable it to survive in its present form through this century. By 2050, only one-tenth of the world’s population will be Europeans, and it will be the oldest tenth on earth, with a median age of 50.
- Russia, already in a terminal population crisis, will, by 2050, be driven out of Central Asia by Islamic invaders and lose huge slices of Siberia and her Far East to a China 15 times as populous.
- There are 30 million foreign born in the U.S. and between 9 and 11 million illegal aliens – as many illegals as there are people in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut combined.
- America is losing the cultural war. Militant paganism is crowding the old faiths.
- Separatism is triumphing over integration. The melting pot has become a salad bowl. And the impact upon American society, politics and culture will be devastating. In an even-handed, thoughtful tone, Buchanan documents the sea of changes that have already begun to take place in our society. "The Death of the West" is a timely, provocative book that asks a question that troubles millions: Is the America we grew up in gone forever?
About the Author
Patrick J. “Pat” Buchanan was twice a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination and the Reform Party's candidate in 2000. He is also a founder and editor of The American Conservative. Buchanan served three presidents in the White House, was a founding panelist of three national TV shows and is the author of numerous books, including "Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?" and “The Death of the West.”
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books; 1st edition (December 12, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0312285485
- ISBN-13: 978-0312285487
- Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 6.2 x 1.2 inches