by Richard Viguerie
WND Digital Edition
One hundred two years ago Teddy Roosevelt split the Republican Party to advance his progressive agenda. Progressivism, or Big Government Republicanism, became the philosophy of the Republican Party’s establishment elite. Fifty years ago conservatives began a battle for control of the party. Now is the time for conservatives to finish the job and take back the Republican Party.
All national polls show that the American people self-identify as conservatives by a ratio of 2-to-1 or more. Despite the scandals surrounding the White House, the outrageous failure of Obamacare and the lack of leadership from Congress, the Republican Party has failed to win key elections because it has failed to deliver on its promises to roll back the tide of Big Government.
In "Takeover," prominent Republican strategist and fundraiser Richard Viguerie outlines the way to establish limited-government constitutional conservatism as the governing philosophy of the Republican Party and sanity back to Congress and the White House. Viguerie details the storied history of the battle for the soul of the Republican Party, offers practical advice and outlines the steps necessary for conservatives to win the civil war in the GOP and govern America by 2017.
- Learn about the 100-year fight between limited government constitutional conservatives and big-government “progressive Republicans.”
- Learn how Ronald Reagan had the genius to build his winning political movement on the three-legged stool of economic conservatism, national defense conservatism and social conservatism.
- Learn how Mitt Romney’s disastrous defeat discredited the Republican establishment to the extent that some conservatives have called for the formation of a third party.
- Discover the practical plan for wresting control of the GOP from DC’s insider elite, making the Republican Party the conservative party and electing a conservative government for America by 2016.
About the Author
Richard A. Viguerie transformed American politics in the 1960s and 1970s. Through his pioneering use of direct mail, Viguerie broke the left’s monopoly on the country’s microphones; gave the conservatives a voice through the new and alternative media of direct mail; and broke the power of large donors by empowering millions of small donors to back the candidates and causes of their choice. His pioneering techniques helped elect Ronald Reagan as the first conservative president of the modern era. Often called the "Funding Father" of the conservative movement, Viguerie’s advertising firm has mailed more than 3 billion letters and raised over $7 billion over the past 50 years. He is the chairman of ConservativeHQ.com and author of "Conservatives Betrayed: How George W. Bush and Other Big Government Republicans Hijacked the Conservative Cause."
- Publisher: WND Books (April 8, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 193648854X
- ISBN-13: 978-1936488544