Lincoln Unmasked (Paperback)
By: Thomas J. DiLorenzo
Save 30 percent!
What if you were told that the revered leader Abraham Lincoln was actually a political tyrant who stifled his opponents by suppressing their civil rights? What if you learned that the man so affectionately referred to as the “Great Emancipator” supported white supremacy and pledged not to interfere with slavery in the South? Would you suddenly start to question everything you thought you knew about Lincoln and his presidency? You should.
Thomas J. DiLorenzo, who ignited a fierce debate about Lincoln’s legacy with his book "The Real Lincoln," now presents a litany of stunning new revelations that explode the most enduring (and pernicious) myths about our 16th president. Marshaling an astonishing amount of new evidence, "Lincoln Unmasked" offers an alarming portrait of a political manipulator and opportunist who bears little resemblance to the heroic, stoic and principled figure of mainstream history.
Did you know that Lincoln ...
- did NOT save the union? In fact, Lincoln did more than any other individual to destroy the voluntary union the Founding Fathers recognized.
- did NOT want to free the slaves? Lincoln, who did not believe in equality of the races, wanted the Constitution to make slavery “irrevocable.”
- was NOT a champion of the Constitution? Contrary to his high-minded rhetoric, Lincoln repeatedly trampled on the Constitution – and even issued an arrest warrant for the chief justice of the United States!
- was NOT a great statesman? Lincoln was actually a warmonger who manipulated his own people into a civil war.
- did NOT utter many of his most admired quotations? DiLorenzo exposes a legion of statements that have been falsely attributed to Lincoln for generations – usually to enhance his image.
In addition to detailing Lincoln’s offenses against the principles of freedom, equality and states’ rights, "Lincoln Unmasked" exposes the vast network of academics, historians, politicians and other “gatekeepers” who have sanitized his true beliefs and willfully distorted his legacy. DiLorenzo reveals how the deification of Lincoln reflects a not-so-hidden agenda to expand the size and scope of the American state far beyond what the Founding Fathers envisioned – an expansion that Lincoln himself began.
The hagiographers have shaped Lincoln’s image to the point that it has become more fiction than fact. With "Lincoln Unmasked," DiLorenzo shows us an Abraham Lincoln without the rhetoric, lies and political bias that have clouded a disastrous president’s enduring damage to the nation.
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Three Rivers Press (November 27, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0307338428
- ISBN-13: 978-0307338426
NOTE: Purchasing "Lincoln Unmasked" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND’s acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.