Discount Price: $6.40
Lifted by Angels (Paperback)
by Joel J. Miller
Heaven’s boundaries overlap those of our own world,
and angels move in and out of our daily lives.
If that reality seems dim to us now, it beamed for the early Christians. Through their writings, sermons, songs and art, the ancient faithful confessed a powerful and vivid belief that angels help carry us on our journey to God.
"Lifted by Angels: The Presence and Power of Our Heavenly Guides and Guardians" goes back to the Scripture and those early Christians to present a vision of angels as seen through their eyes and experiences – how they understood the angelic realms, the guidance and protection of angels and struggles with the devil.
"Lifted by Angels" explains:
- the role that angels play in the lives of people and in God’s plan of salvation
- the different ranks and functions of angels
- how Satan and his demons fell from grace and why they plague people
- the functions of guardian angels and how God assigns them to fit our personal needs
- how guardian angels help us resist evil, temptation and the devil
- the way angels join with us in our prayers, even adding their own to our own
- the service angels provide in worship
- the way angels accompany us when we pass from one world to the next in death
Featuring examples of angels in ancient icons and frescoes and supported by extensive research on the early church and its pastors, poets, theologians and artists, "Lifted by Angels" answers universal curiosity about angels and the unseen world, leaving readers inspired and hopeful about the nearness of God. Whether in trial or temptation, praise or prayer, we find angels present and positioned to help and comfort, guide and correct, walking with us till the point of death and beyond, escorting us to the very arms of Christ.
About the Author
Joel Miller is a former WND commentary editor whose articles have also appeared in Reason and The American Spectator. He is currently vice president of editorial and acquisitions for the nonfiction division at Thomas Nelson, where he has been employed since 2003. He is also the author of several books including “Lifted by Angels,” “The Portable Patriot,” “The Revolutionary Paul Revere” and “Bad Trip: How the War Against Drugs Is Destroying America.” He and his wife have two children.
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson (October 9, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1400204224
- ISBN-13: 978-1400204229
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 5 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
NOTE: Purchasing "Lifted by Angels: The Presence and Power of Our Heavenly Guides and Guardians (Paperback)" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND's acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.