Jesus on Trial: A Lawyer Affirms the Truth of the Gospel (Hardcover)
by David Limbaugh
From popular culture to the halls of academia, Christianity is under attack. The Old Testament's accounts of history are often dismissed as myths, while the gospels are frequently derided as a fairy tale. But the critics' arguments are far weaker than they first appear.
In "Jesus on Trial," New York Times bestselling author David Limbaugh applies his lifetime of legal experience to a unique new undertaking: making a case for the gospels as hard evidence of the life and work of Jesus Christ. Limbaugh, a practicing attorney and former professor of law, approaches the canonical gospels with the same level of scrutiny he would apply to any legal document and asks all the necessary questions about the story of Jesus told through Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Limbaugh knows the skeptics' arguments well – because he used to be a skeptic himself. In these pages he describes his own faith journey to Christianity, explaining in moving detail the arguments, evidence and biblical passages that caused him to embrace Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.
In this book Limbaugh shows:
- Abundant evidence that the Bible is the most historically reliable text among all ancient writings
- Why the gospels' account of Jesus' resurrection is far more convincing than any other explanation of His fate
- The Bible's astonishing feats of prophecy and the skeptics' feeble attempts to dismiss them
- How the critics' arguments against Christianity are infected with ideological bias
- The increasing archaeological evidence affirming the biblical account of history
- How Christianity is not only compatible with scientific methods, but was instrumental in the birth of modern science
Ultimately, Limbaugh concludes that the words Christians have treasured for centuries stand up to his exhaustive inquiry – including his examination of historical and religious evidence beyond the gospels – and thereby affirm Christian faith, spirituality and tradition.
Part personal testimony, part Christian apologetic, part informative evaluation of the facts and part primer on theology, "Jesus on Trial" provides Christians with a remarkable reaffirmation of their faith – while offering skeptics a challenge that cannot be ignored.
"Many people know my friend David Limbaugh as a bestselling author and political commentator. But he is also a lawyer trained to analyze evidence—and in Jesus on Trial he provides his personal journey to the truth of the Bible. A fantastic book!" – Sean Hannity
About the Author
David Limbaugh is an author and attorney and a regular weekly columnist for WND. His books include “Crimes Against Liberty: An Indictment of President Barack Obama,” “The Great Destroyer: Barack Obama’s War on the Republic” and the New York Times bestseller “Bankrupt: The Intellectual and Moral Bankruptcy of Today’s Democratic Party.”
- Hardcover: 406 pages
- Publisher: Regnery Publishing (September 8, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1621572552
- ISBN-13: 978-1621572558
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
NOTE: Purchasing"Jesus on Trial: A Lawyer Affirms the Truth of the Gospel (Hardcover)"from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive a FREE 3-month trial subscription to our immensely popular monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.