Etched in Stone: Archeological Discoveries that Prove the Bible (Paperback)
Out of Stock
by Lisette Bassett-Brody
Etched in Stone is a quick, easy guide to archeological proofs to bolster one’s faith and encourage believers of all ages.
Christians are under attack like never before. “The Bible is just a fairytale.” “There is no physical evidence to support for any of it!” This is the kind of fire today’s Christians come under all the time.
Where is the physical proof? Isn’t there anything out there that objectively corroborates the stories of the Bible? Christianity is certainly based on faith, but haven’t you ever thought how wonderful it would be to have something tangible to back up your faith? That is what Etched in Stone: Archeological Discoveries that Prove the Bible is all about.
Etched in Stone showcases more than 60 archeological discoveries that prove the Bible is historically accurate and that Christianity is much more than just blind faith. Now you can have something tangible to show that:
- The Israelites really did have to make bricks without straw,
- There really was a city called Nazareth,
- The walls of Jericho really did fall down,
- King David really did exist,
- Nebuchadnezzar wasn’t just a made-up king,
- The Philistines really were the Israelites’ foes
- Pontius Pilate did rule at the time of Christ, and
- Crucifixion was a means of capital punishment
- And much more.
About the Author
Lisette Bassett-Brody graduated summa cum laude from Capitol Bible Seminary in 2013 with a master’s degree in biblical studies, having earned her B.A. from Syracuse University in modern foreign languages in 1987. Her writing achievements include newspaper articles as well as published pieces in the biblical archeology magazine Bible and Spade. In 1988 Lisette married journalist David Brody, currently White House Correspondent for the Christian Broadcasting Network. They live in Maryland with their three children.
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: WND Books (February, 2018)
- Language: English
- Dimension: 6 x 9 inches
- ISBN-13: 978-1-944229-79-5
“Simple and straightforward Etched in Stone clearly illustrates how important artifacts discovered in the field illumine our understanding of the Scriptures. As a result, any reader will gain a renewed confidence in the Bible as true to the events it records and develop a deeper trust in the God who gave it.”
– Randall Price, Ph.D., Distinguished Research Professor of Biblical and Judaic Studies, Liberty University
“Etched in Stone is a refreshing look at how God’s word stands the test of time. Lisette Bassett-Brody has just provided every Bible-believing Christian with a valuable witnessing tool that should be required reading for every church-goer today.”
– Mike Huckabee, Former Governor of Arkansas
“Lisette Bassett-Brody hits the mark perfectly as she demonstrates how the validity of the Bible has clearly been “etched in stone” since the beginning of creation. As a Christian, this book will strengthen your faith and give you the treasured knowledge needed to vigorously defend it.”
– Jay Sekulow, Chief Counsel, American Center for Law and Justice
“This is a great little book for everyone. Skeptics will find out that the Bible can’t be shrugged off so easily. Believers will rejoice as their faith is strengthened. It’s simple, straightforward and fascinating. I highly recommend it!”
– Stephen Katz, Jews for Jesus, North American Director