Bringing Up Girls: Shaping the Next Generation of Women (Paperback)
By James C. Dobson
The ultimate guide to raising our daughters right – from parenting authority and trusted family counselor Dr. James Dobson.
Peer pressure. Eating disorders. Decisions about love, romance and sex. Academic demands. Life goals and how to achieve them. These are just some of the challenges that girls face today – and the age at which they encounter them is getting younger and younger. As a parent, how are you guiding your daughter on her journey to womanhood? Are you equipping her to make wise choices? Whether she’s still playing with dolls or in the midst of the often-turbulent teen years, is she truly secure in her identity as your valued and loved daughter?
You’ve got daughters? Then you’ve got questions.
Parents, teachers and others involved in shaping the character of girls have a lot on their minds:
- Are girls really fundamentally different from boys? If so, should they be treated differently?
- Whoever said that girls are “sugar and spice and everything nice” never met my teenager. What can I do?
- My adolescent daughter seems to be on an emotional roller coaster. One minute she’s giddy with excitement; the next she’s moody and withdrawn. Is this normal?
- As a mom, I so badly want to be “best friends” with my daughter. Why isn’t it working out the way I dreamed?
- How does a dad’s role in his daughter’s life influence her character and decisions – including her eventual choice of a husband?
- How can grandparents contribute to raising a healthy granddaughter?
- What’s the best way to educate girls?
- How are girls affected when their parents divorce?
- What should we be doing to shape the next generation of women?
In "Bringing Up Girls," his companion book to the bestselling "Bringing Up Boys," America’s foremost authority on parenting tackles these and many other questions, offering wisdom and encouragement based on a firm foundation of biblical principles. Also based on the latest research and handled with Dobson’s trademark down-to-earth approach, "Bringing Up Girls" will help you face the challenges of raising your daughters to become strong, healthy and confident women who excel in life.
Dr. James Dobson is the founder and president of Family Talk, a nonprofit organization that produces his radio program, “Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk.” He is the author of more than 30 books. dedicated to the preservation of the family, including “The New Dare to Discipline”; “Love for a Lifetime”; “Life on the Edge”; “Love Must Be Tough”; “The New Strong-Willed Child”; “When God Doesn’t Make Sense”; “Bringing Up Boys”; “Marriage Under Fire”; “Bringing Up Girls”; and “Head Over Heels.”
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Tyndale Momentum (September 1, 2014)
NOTE: Purchasing "Bringing Up Girls: Shaping the Next Generation of Women (Paperback) "from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive a FREE 3-month trial subscription to our immensely popular monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.