America: Imagine a World Without Her (Hardcover)
By Dinesh D Souza
Conceived in liberty ... or in oppression?
Is America a source of pride, as Americans have long held, or shame, as "liberals" allege?
New York Times bestselling author Dinesh D'Souza says these questions are no mere academic exercise. Instead, they represent the liberal view that is taught in our schools, that is preached by Hollywood and that shapes the policies of the Obama administration. If America is a force for inequality and injustice in the world, its power deserves to be diminished; if traditional America is based on oppression and theft, then traditional America must be reformed – and the federal government can do the reforming.
In "America: Imagine a World Without Her," D'Souza offers a passionate and sharply reasoned defense of America, knocking down every important accusation made by liberals against our country. In this book, you'll learn:
- Why it is a pernicious myth that English colonists "stole" America from the Indians or that American settlers and soldiers "stole" the Southwest from Mexico
- Why the descendants of slaves – and the successive waves of immigrants to the United States – are better off here than in their old countries
- How America, more than any other country, is based on rewarding the enterprise and hard work of the common man
- How traditional American virtues sustain prosperity and freedom, and liberal arguments about "liberation" and "justice" undercut them
- How liberal demagoguery about "inequality" expands the power of government and its grasp on the taxpayer's wallet
- Why we should fear the liberal agenda of "reform" which is in fact an agenda of totalitarian control of the state over the individual
- Why national decline is a choice -- a choice that it is still not too late to reverse
Provocative in its analysis, stunning in its conclusions, Dinesh D'Souza's "America" is already on its way to becoming the most talked-about book of the year.
About the Author
Dinesh D'Souza is the former president of The King's College in New York City and author of several books including the New York Times bestsellers "Obama's America" and "The Roots of Obama's Rage." He is also a former White House domestic policy analyst and research scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. His other bestselling books include "What's So Great About Christianity," "What's So Great About America" and "Life After Death."
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Regnery Publishing (June 2, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 162157203X
- ISBN-13: 978-1621572039
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 6.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
NOTE: Purchasing "America: Imagine a World without Her (Hardcover)" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND’s acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.