48 Liberal Lies About American History (That You Probably Learned in School) (Hardcover)
By Larry Schweikart
Over the last 40 years, history textbooks have become more and more politically correct and distorted about our country’s past, argues Prof. Larry Schweikart. The result, he says, is that students graduate from high school and even college with twisted beliefs about economics, foreign policy, war, religion, race relations and many other subjects.
As he did in his popular "A Patriot’s History of the United States," Professor Schweikart corrects liberal bias by rediscovering facts that were once widely known. He challenges distorted books by name and debunks 48 common myths. A sample:
- The founders wanted to create a “wall of separation” between church and state
- Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation only because he needed black soldiers
- Truman ordered the bombing of Hiroshima to intimidate the Soviets with “atomic diplomacy”
- Mikhail Gorbachev, not Ronald Reagan, was responsible for ending the Cold War
America’s past, though not perfect, is far more admirable than you were probably taught.
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Sentinel HC (September 4, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1595230513
- ISBN-13: 978-1595230515
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.1 x 1.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
NOTE: Purchasing "48 Liberal Lies About American History" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive three FREE issues of WND’s acclaimed monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.